Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.US names being deleted without warning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The registry announced this policy very early.

If you register a name with one of the "7 dirty words" in it, you risk losing your registration without warning.

This is also the case if you register using false contact information. They have dropped a number of domains for that as well.

-t

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually there was warning. The policy was put in place before the registry opened. And the registry will refund the fees.

Now I must admit I have a vested interest in this policy since my US company has regged:

f-ck.us

E

EroGenius

Funny. I'm still amazed the F U C K.COM had been registered so relatively recently. Somone was able to dodge around NetSol and Register.com quickly enough I guess. :)

It's funny about F-CK.COM, how can you write that without people thinking you're censoring yourself constantly...?

~ EG

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The story of F U C K.com is one of litigation dating back to the mid 1990's. The domain was for years registered and deposited in the court. My guess the litigation ended , the domain was transferred and this triggered the recent whois date. Loans.com shows a whois "creation" date of Feb 15, 2000 when this was infact the transfer date as opposed to the initial creation date.

Why I like f-ck.us is because f u c k.us is censored so this is the best that it gets. And unlike the .com I feel the censorship in .us is on very solid ground because of the advance warning and the widspread as opposed to selective application.

But I agree f-ck.us is a bet on censorship in the .us tld

M

Mik

Censorship what a way to lose your domain.
What about something like fokker.us? It's not exactly a swear word but you can use it in a negative manner and it might even get you in trouble if you have a bad accent.
Where do they draw the line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom