Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.US sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am tracking .US sales...

If you have sold or purchased a .US and will give permission to use as an example of .US progress in my next article at DNJournal.com please post them here..

Any verifying links would be useful..

I have all I believe at the new afternic and some at Ebay...

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bid - someone made a reference here to the sale of politics.us for $2200. I know the owner had been offering it for awhile, but had not seen the original annoucement of a sale so I don't know where that came from. You probably already saw the thread a few weeks ago in which a member from Germany - Marcope - said his company purchased e-card.us and e-cards.us for a total of $6,000. He is listed on the WhoIs. That is one of the highest sales I have heard of. And of course there is the current thread in which a member said he purchased sale.us on Ebay for $999.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"someone made a reference here to the sale of politics.us for $2200."

Nice ".US" domain! I'd like to get an 'update here from this person ... beautifully situated in this extension. This is a GREAT thread, thanks for starting it Bidawinner ... and adding to it, Duke!
See you.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You know for the past 6-9 months I have been pointing out the rise of the ccTLDs , preaching away.., the contining strength in reg's and was looking at the aftermarket for .US to not really pick-up steam until late summer.. but what really got my attention was the Sale.US thread..

I thought for sure he was going to get slammed for paying 1K for Sale.Us...because in my own mind ..I'm thinking it's too early.. but seeing the support that followed on that thread I was really ..well amazed at how fast .US really is taking hold...

What's even more suprising this early is the strength of the price range..

Yeah, he paid retail..but in even 1 year..he could double that...
It is a really strong word...and it's going to look like a bargain before long...

I have a brother-in-law that is a School administrator, I just sent him an email to keep his ears open for me on any news he may be hearing about the "eduction" process of Kids.Us .. so hopefully we get some good "insider" stuff for some breaking news as Kids.Us develops...from that angle..

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know Ken at TopNames has made some notable .us sales too. There are also a lot of board members with great names that are not even offering to sell them. They realize they stand to profit much more by waiting until public recognition arrives.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl
I know Ken at TopNames has made some notable .us sales too. There are also a lot of board members with great names that are not even offering to sell them. They realize they will profit more by waiting until public recognition arrives.

Thanks Duke..I forgot about Tops..

Mother.Us
Father.Us

I dont suppose you want/can share your sale price Tops?

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was offered $9000 for Genetics.us and $3500 for Nanotech.us
which I did not accept.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by URLtrader
I was offered $9000 for Genetics.us and $3500 for Nanotech.us
which I did not accept.

did you hear me whistle ? :)

As much as I see bright future for .US I would have sold ....good prices

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
here's an insightful peek at some backstage negotiation (via PMs) right here on this forum: (start reading from the bottom up!)

Re: industry.us
14K for both ?
Regards, XXXX

quote:

DryHeat wrote on 01-04-2003 09:07 PM:
You wana make a combined offer for Industry.US & Industries.US?
quote:

XXXX wrote on 01-04-2003 01:23 PM:
OK, you got a point.

We have about XXk to spend, that´s why I want to know prices of other .us doms.

How about 10k for industry.us ?

Regards, XXXX
quote:

DryHeat wrote on 01-04-2003 05:54 PM:

With all due respect, I don't do that..i..e. "throw numbers" for unsolicited offers. My take on this goes like this: the party initiating the contact/inquiry should "throw the numbers" first. No punn intended.

Regards,

Riq

XXXX wrote on 01-04-2003 10:40 AM:
Hi,

throw some numbers in please ! Regards, XXXX

DryHeat wrote on 01-04-2003 01:48 PM:
I appreciate your interest in Industry.US & Nightlife.US. However, these (and my other high-profile names) are either for development on my own (or in joint partnerships) or they're for a "TRUE" end-user. I don't think that it'd be realistic to expect a successful outcome of any negotiation with another re-seller for these type of names. Thanks for the interest and inquiry.

Regards,

Riq

XXXX wrote on 01-04-2003 06:12 AM:
hi - wanna sell that one ? Regards, XXXX

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've got some great computer related .us (& .biz) names - but they are not for sale......... yet! :D

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.US will become big someday. Will do better than .info and .biz or maybe noth combined.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've had several offers between $1000 and $1500 for video.us, and get offers every couple weeks. I'm holding out for the long term on this one though.

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$2,500 sale for axe.us, still undeveloped.

$2,500 offer for suv.us, refused.

Other smaller offers, not interested. I would rather keep them.

Dave

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DNS Kidd
$2,500 sale for axe.us, still undeveloped.

$2,500 offer for suv.us, refused.

Other smaller offers, not interested. I would rather keep them.

Dave

That's great DNS.. you also have one of the better complete portfolio's I have seen of late..

I'm going to try and get Duke another article for next month, highlighting some of the major companies already using .US for their web sites , a Kids.US update and a bit on how the aftermarket is shaping up..

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bid - I would like to see that list of companies.

I have great hopes for the .us future, I'm in it as a hobby only, and can afford to wait until the names I have are worth selling.

For now, it's fun just collecting :)

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Latex.us sold for $850 a couple of months ago, I am sure I could have held out for more later but I used the money to purchase my portfolio at www.PerfectName.us .

Like DNSKidd it's a hobby that the sales have already paid for., one other .us sale for $950 but asked not to reveal so not too helpful.

marcope

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@ Duke: yep, true - I bought e-card.us /e-cards.us for 6K. I think it wasn´t cheap but in 2-4 years it will be worth a lot for us. I also thought about buying some more .us , but it seems to me a lot of the domain owners already speculate on higher prices for .us , so I the prices I got were pretty high (ecards.us :9K, ecard.us 6K - they would not selll both for 10K !!..... rentals.us : selling > 20K etc). So, yes, I think there is a market..

Greetz, Marco from Germany

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have refused $9000 for Genetics.us and $3500 for Nanotech.us

Sold BondBrokers.us but have understanding with the buyer not to disclose the price.

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
music.us just sold on eBay for $5.000+

Music has great Google and Overture numbers, almost unbelievable. Best eBay sale I have seen in awhile, no matter what TLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom