Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news US seizes PressTV.com and 32 other Iranian media website domains

premiumtlds

Level 1
Reaction score
US seizes PressTV.com and 32 other Iranian media website domains
The Biden administration’s Department of Justice (DoJ) confirmed on Tuesday that the US had seized 33 websites affiliated with the Iranian Islamic Radio and Television Union (IRTVU) and three others operated by Kata’ib Hizballah (Hezbollah Brigades), an Iraqi Shia group supported by Iran.
read more :

Presstv.com is one of my favourite names on this list.

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
IMHO, this is not good. As justifiable it might be, the country supposedly caring about freedom and freedom of speech taking down websites by seizing domains, because people were basically saying "false things", sends a very bad message. It also sends the message this can happen to anyone saying something displeasing the US.

This may be pretty good for Unstoppable Domains (Blockchain domains). But it's not accessible for everybody out of the box (it is with some browsers like Brave and Opera, though). So, not as good as a .com or similar ICANN domain, but I is quite impossible to be seized...

Note: the link is an affiliate link. If you were to order something with them, I get a little something. It doesn't change anything for you. It's not the reason why I'm mentioning them.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom