Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Use of "Without Prejudice" communications in UDRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there any Rule or UDRP "Case Law" on the use or not of "Without Prejudice " communications in UDRP proceedings ?. i,e. is it allowed ?

Thanks

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Emails & Letter flowing both ways seeking to avoid the need for litigation by settling matters on a lock ,stock and barrel basis, without prejudice.

There are no Rules of Evidence for UDRP proceedings

There is a clear split in the UDRP cases as to whether "settlement letters" are admissable

Personally, I believe arbitraitors look at everything and weigh all facts regardless of whether its technically admissible or not

Hope that helps

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks.Yes I also found a page that explains it is virtually up to each individual Panel whether they accept or not. I have formally objected to its inclusion and that will be included in following Court proceedings as and when necessary.

There are no Rules of Evidence for UDRP proceedings

There is a clear split in the UDRP cases as to whether "settlement letters" are admissable

Personally, I believe arbitraitors look at everything and weigh all facts regardless of whether its technically admissible or not

Hope that helps

luster

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can certainly communicate without prejudice in such proceedings, we had done so in the past.

A competent counsel would advise same in any sort of settlement negotiations, regardless of venue or jurisdiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom