Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Use parked links on my own site without frames?

Status
Not open for further replies.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there anything in the works, or currently available that would let me insert code for parked links instead of adsense code? Seeing how parked links generally pay more, and real sites optimize better, it only seems natural. I would rather not use frames though. Think as it is a cname record might be best to try this.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
south - I wish I could say that was something I could do. I know we would have a blast with it. But until we start our own PPC company, I don't think it's something we will be able to do.

Donny

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
south - I wish I could say that was something I could do. I know we would have a blast with it. But until we start our own PPC company, I don't think it's something we will be able to do.

Donny

Thanks anyway! Are you giving it serious consideration?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Starting our own PPC company? I doubt it. I believe in automation and running a pure PPC company requires a large sales force and so many customer service employees. But you never know.

Donny

hydroboi

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PPC sites are headaches, advertisers are never happy and even if they are then publishers aren't, Donny is doing the right move and just keep it automated and keep the register ringing ;)

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about Whitelable? as parked pages are old now.. a new design is needed.

White noise parking pages effected SEDO a year or so back, now they have several different designs, much like NameDrive, DomainSponsor, Trafficz.

Parked pages starting to suffer from white noise, people are immune to it now.. might explain the plummet in PPC these past few months.

Innovate of Die.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A whitelabel parking system is against the rules of both Yahoo and Google, Skenzo has what they call a whitelabel system, but technically you are just using theirs.

Right before I went to traffic down under, I did a 3 week test with 5,000 domains. People have been telling me that our RPC was going down, but our CTR wasn't going down. So we took these 5k domains and put them on 3 different Yahoo providers and 3 different Google providers. We do this same test about every 3-6 months. The traffic from these domains are only in countries that Yahoo supports. On CTR, Parked was the highest overall, which didn't surprise me as it's been that way for about 2 years now. We still had the highest RPC of the Yahoo providers, we also beat 2 of the Google providers, but we lost to one of the Google providers. So I asked them at the conference if they had made any changes, so they looked. They flagged the account as a Parked.com account and we were being paid "very well". Now they only beat us by $1.29 during the test which was about 0.04%. So we will be running the test again, and we never optimized these domains for our system specifically.

RPC is down across the board for everybody. And after December 15th, it will probably get worse.

As far as templates/layouts go. You never know, new ones may be available now, you just may not know it yet. :)

Donny

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's an idea that'll push Parked ahead of the game-

Allow more customization (don't get me wrong - your customization is great). Allow people to put custom content in the ad spaces and above them (not just below). This'll allow people to better customize their pages and start to move away from the "parked page" look (which IMO has their days numbered).

Parked could put a bridge between a parked page and a developed page (not a site, just a page) which'll put you even firther ahead in the game.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A whitelabel parking system is against the rules of both Yahoo and Google, Skenzo has what they call a whitelabel system, but technically you are just using theirs.

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is a white label parking system and why is it prohibited? Black label is adult advertisers, right?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just got tingly all over.....just whisper in my ear I can use the new landers..sweet music to my bank account lol

On a serious note...since we have the ability to change the page colors to pretty much whatever we want, is there any way to change the link/text color of ads? Or is this determined on yahoo's side?

Also, I really would love to increase the ad/link sizes so they are not so small on the results page...that way maybe just the top 3 or 4 would be visible...same goes for keyword/category links on top of the page..wish those could be made larger..

Last edited:

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As far as the results go, we are required to show a certain number of results and at a certain size. The custom layout tool will be available soon.

If your design skills are really good or you have your own designer, let me know and I'll see if I can get you access. It would help if you send me a few examples of some stuff you have done. This isn't a finished product, and is basically like opening a text editor to the pure html. So if you have to use a wysiwyg editor, then the current version is not for you.

Donny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom