Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

use Sedo for a few days in a content website

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeLaVega

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd like to ask about a strategy I see from time to time in some sites that received a lot of visits.

They just park the site domain in Sedo for a half a day or a full day.

I think the CTR can be high but, isn't it a bit risky, considering most of the traffic comes from Search Engines like Google? If Google bot visits in that moment, they can put the site out of the index.

What do you think? Does anybody do this?

Thank you.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Are you saying parked domains aren't indexed in Google? That's incorrect.

DeLaVega

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Acro, no, what I mean is this.

Suppose you have a site with millions of visits. 90% of visits comes from Google because the site has good SEO ranking and the site has millions of pages indexed. From time to time the site owners change the DNS of the domain for a day or hours so the whole site points to Sedo. So when a person search something in Google and follows a link, ends in the parked page.

But the problem (and here is my question) is what happens if Google finds out that you are doing this so frequently? I think there is risk of losing ranking by important keywords.

Not sure if this is people testing or is it a good practice (I never did this). Some parked domains can have high CTR, maybe much more than the website (although the ppc can be lower).

Thank you

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I don't see any problem with that, as for the odds of Google bots hitting the parked page during those hours it's rather slim. The real question is, would the CTR and revenue be worth this risk? If you make pennies, then no. If you make several bucks then perhaps.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting that you should do it LOL
If Google sees a pattern e.g. if you do that every other day on the clock it might have some unexpected results.
There are other ways to monetize huge traffic sites, including of course AdSense.

DeLaVega

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I don't like to change DNS like that, but I was curious if was a common strategy I was missing.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some people park domains at Sedo temporarily so the domains get listed in Sedo's sales database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom