Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

User ratings/praise

What type of user to user feedback system should we go with?

• Ebay style rating system

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • Keep the current user to user praise section as is

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • We don't need either, dump both of them

Votes: 29 53.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sammy

Please take a minute and vote on what type of user feedback system you would like to see here. We can leave the user to user praise section as is, put in an ebay type rating system or dump them both and not do anything.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Kind of difficult to praise when there are no meaningful sales, and very little activity on the site! :eek:

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I voted for Ebay style.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We don't need either - just a waste of space and pushes general posts off the page.
Post problem sales if we must post feedback but not normal transactions - they are happening all the time.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
We don't need either - just a waste of space and pushes general posts off the page.
Post problem sales if we must post feedback but not normal transactions - they are happening all the time.

That's my view too. I know and trust most of the people on this board and don't see any need to make a post everytime a transaction is made. However, I would like to know if there is a problem with any particular member. That is information that is useful to everyone.

centerpoint

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree there should be away to post problem sales.

In the short time, I have been around here I have learned that 99.8% of the sellers are honest and reputable and a general trust is deceloped between buyers and sellers on the board.

Unfortunately, there is currently no way of warning other members about the very small percentage of members who mis-represent their products and services and scam others around here.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree, most member here is nice to deal with.

If you have extra time, ebay style will be nice add on (but not neccessary).

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I not only look at the transactions Members have done at DNF but elsewhere if possible, eBay is one place I use to get feedback.

Some Members might be playing fair here but not the case elsewhere on the web, they are two faced.

Mike

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Perhaps we can just get Members to post their eBay User name :) I am certain most of us have one, mine is mcvanasfield

Mike

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
maybe you could incorporate member's eBay user ID with a link to their feedback in the member details?

My eBay ID = 2gajgops

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tippy
Perhaps we can just get Members to post their eBay User name :) I am certain most of us have one, mine is xxxxxxxx

Mike

Is that really a good idea on a public forum?

Source

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Appears to be a useless lovefest to me, but of course everybody hates me. ;)

The weekly linchings seem to be working to ward off the riff-raff.

oohdale

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebHold
Let the new committee decide.
I agree too, let "The Committee Decide".com :D btw: Ebay = oohdale :D fyi:D

wyvern

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ebay=wyvern

I agree with NameMaker....it seems like as soon as someone does a transaction, they place each others name on the praise list....not bad in itself, but one transaction does not a reputation make. (Not sour grapes because I'm not in the praise section yet....I haven't had enough transactions to belong there yet. :D I'll stand by my Ebay rating for now)

We see from the individual sales and auctions who does the right thing and who doesn't...when someone screws up, it doesn't take long for the whole membership to learn about it. :uhoh:

The thread is only a month old and already there are multiple threads :confused: for at least two people (Coolhost and cjmacd - both certainly worthy of multiple praises, but what will the list look like after a year).

At a minimum, if "the committee" decides in it's infinite wisdom to continue the section, it needs to be alphabetized and only the person's exact name used as the thread title, since any other odd characters will screw up the order. (passing thought: even that might not work, since people might look at "Y" to find _Yakov_ or "R" to find _RJ_).

wyvern

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by wyvern
(passing thought: even that might not work, since people might look at "Y" to find _Yakov_ or "R" to find _RJ_).
LOL! Members with non-alphanumeric characters CHOSE to be different. ;)

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ebay=togoodhlth

It seems like the shady dudes/dudettes are usually exposed rather quickly. Not sure if a rating system will help a whole lot.
The forum is tight knit enough where if someone scams a member it get's around pretty quick.
The same thing could happen with the ebay type rating system. Someone new could scam someone once.

Just my .02

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
An eBay style system makes a lot of sense to me, although it could be improved upon (I've always thought the developers at eBay were on the lazy side -- either that, or the ranking had to be dumbed down for their target demographic). It would be nice to know -- in a glance -- how many domains have been bought and sold via DNForum successfully by each member, as well as some other stats, such as the average buy/sale price (to indicate possible budget) as well as any negative marks.

I know this is a lot of info, and some members may not want other members knowing their range, so this will probably get shot down in committee. Several options to make these kinds of stats more palatable might be restricting this information to Platinum members only, or allowing members to hide this info unless requested from a potential buyer/seller.

Yeah, this is getting kind of complicated. Maybe the simple eBay way is easier after all.

ebay id = pfanstielenterprises

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom