Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Users Viewing Thread- Bring it Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wanted to suggest that we bring back the Users Viewing a thread that used to appear at the bottom of forum post. This was a very useful functionality especially for topics that generated a lot of interest. I used to spend more time on a thread and engaged more when a hot topic would hit and I saw a lot of people in the room so to speak. That said, I would really love to see the feature brought back.

Thanks

James

Upvote 0

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Me too, I wouldn't mind it. I just didn't like the permanent record.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I vote "no" - got too many "spam" PM's from sellers who saw me viewing the thread and thought they would make a PM pitch to sell the name(s)

C

Chuck

I honestly don't recall if that add-on was available on this newer version of Vbulletin or was and got removed.

Hmmm.....

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't recall if that add-on was available on this newer version of Vbulletin or was and got removed.

Hmmm.....

It was available for a short period, but it worked differently than in the last VB version, so very few people liked it.

Instead of showing who was currently viewing a thread (in real time), it showed a list of everyone who had ever visited the thread and you could also click a user name to see all the threads that particular user had been reading in the past. So, it was removed.

C

Chuck

It was available for a short period, but it worked differently than in the last VB version, so very few people liked it.

Instead of showing who was currently viewing a thread (in real time), it showed a list of everyone who had ever visited the thread and you could also click a user name to see all the threads that particular user had been reading in the past. So, it was removed.

Yep, I thought something was different in this version ;)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Users viewing this thread: me, myself and I :D

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i agree w/those who wouldn't want this feature, like it was pointed out it can be used by scammers if you even look at an expensive domain thread, i was targeted on NamePros at some point, lots of people are on a regular basis, i've passed on bidding on good names if some sellers are concerned about transparency and won't take bids by PM, reputable sellers would normally not engage in shill bidding so this should not be that great a concern if you have a good record and we should not base our buying price just on the last offer, public or not, in any case - if i'm selling and someone questions whether i got some PM or made it up then sellers should be ready to deal w/this

what we read or search is nobody's business except perhaps for internal tracking set up by DNF which only onwers, admins & mods could access iin cases of suspected fraud for instance, it is a privacy issue but besides, we'd all be more self-conscious of searches, etc, ie i might search a term and i could be led to a thread or post i wouldn't have even looked at had i had the choice, therefore misleading one's prefrences or interests, the same goes for a temporary record of views & who happens to be reading a thread in real time, although this last one i've seen activated on other forums

BTW, it is still available under OPTION SETTINGS ? i couldn't find it, anywhere, i wonder where exactly it is and whether it can be set to one's choice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom