Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

using "e" and "i"

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lets say you had a term- say "used cars" and that term did 900,000 in overture-
now, usedcars.com is taken,
would you register eusedecars.org?

i know it is .org AND you added an E- but isn't it still a high keyword searched name?

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

depends entirely on your seo skills.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
your better off using the hyphen in a domain than putting an "e" in front for search engines (used-cars.org), those names are for branding purposes like "eTrade" etc..but any "e" name really needs to be a .com to have value I think, maybe a few .net's

SuccessClick

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The prefixes of "i" and "e" are outdated, unless they've been branded for the last few years. There's tons of one word domains for sale with the e and i prefix that nobody is buying.

I'll sell you ireptiles.com right now for $150.

Or how about ipsychiatrist.com? Give me $250 and its yours.
Excellent brand domains if you want to build them out, but they aren't "browser searching" domains (or what many call direct navigation, which I think is confusing -- it's not a boat navigating a river, it's a search for a website using the browser to type in a domain name)

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok- i dont understand everything- but i understand dont do it!

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i and e don't look good in front of just any name. The name must be relatable to internet or electronic. iReptiles.com as someone has mentioned above, is less brandable than other names, because I cannot imagine what could someone brand on "Internet reptiles". But words like iMail.com or eMail.com are 100% brandable and actively searched for, as they stand for internet or electronic mail, a term widely used. eRadio.com would also make a great name, not because search engines would like it(because they would like online-radio.com more), but beacuse the first thing that comes into my mind when I think ofonline radio is exactly this domain name - eradio.com, and it is the first thing that I would type into the navigation bar, before I tried google.

The main point, is that all those "i" and "e" friendly domains are taken, and those remaining available are not very usefull. It would make sense only if you found an end user to sell it to, but dont expect from a reseller to buy it, or to get any type-in traffic.

I have many names like that, and I am only hoping for an end user to contact me, or I will maybe build a brand around them in the future.

Register such a name, only if you think it can be related to "internet" or "electronic", and only if you want to develop it in the future(or if you think that you are good in finding end users).

There is a very nice thread about finding end users in NP, you can read it here I'm sure it will help. http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/68798-how-to-find-potential-end-users.html

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

i know it is .org AND you added an E- but isn't it still a high keyword searched name?

Worthless IMO. Generally only good if one word and .com

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
someone had said, use a hyphen instead- if the name was avail- doesnt that hurt the search too? because people do not generally search used - cars- like that?

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so its just for search engine placement? so plastic-surgery.com is not worth really anything, as plasticsurgery.com is, unless you are just going to use it for search engines?
sorry i am hazy on seo ;-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom