Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Using negative keywords?

Status
Not open for further replies.

netfleet

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a domain that has the word "sneaker" in it and because of this all the ads on my Namedrive PPC page are relating to shoes.

However this is an expired domain with lots of traffic relating to something completely different (IT).

Have entered relevant keywords in the appropriate settings but it appears that these keywords are being 'overruled' by the power from the actual domain name.

Hence my CTR is 1.9%.

Any ideas how I can force the domain name to be ignored or introduce negative keywords?

Many thanks

David

PS Actually I just checked again and it appears the relevant ads are appearing about 20% of the time. Every 5th refresh or so the right ads pop up. Also they are either all relevant or all irelevant - they don't appear to be mixed up.

Thomas Nash

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont think namedrive do negative keywords, I know parked do though... you may want to try there, also try emailing namedrive there suppost has been really good for me.

netfleet

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Have sent an email to support so will see what comes back.
It's not necessarily the need for a -ve keyword more an ability to discount the domain name relevance as in this case it aint.
Ed, can you tell me if this is possible?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
use parked.com and you have control over this problem

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Netfleet,

There is an issue with Google that they are testing various targeting methods on some domains across their network. It seems that this one could be caught up in that. Our keyword implementation is only a suggstion for Google to use. They could decide to override it if they see better. If you PM me the domain, I'll see what I can do with it for you.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom