Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Using whois info...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgstudent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are there any rules to using the whois to contact people?

I see a great domain, that isn't parked, and hasn't been developed.... but the whois info doesn't show an email or a telephone number, just an address.

Is it ok for me to write to this person? What would you do?

I have tried emailing [email protected], [email protected]... but this just bounces back....

(Also what are people's thoughts on phoning the owners of domains, if their phone number is in the whois? Is this a big NO-NO? :greenconfused: )

Thanks for any help.

Domain Days 2024

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One of the best ways to buy a domain is to call the owner on the phone.

mgstudent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mocus...

Do you get many people who are annoyed that you've called them using their whois info? Or you just apologize from the start and offer money?

In my case at the moment without a telephone number, do you think approaching with a letter is ok? I've tried ways to use the address to get a number, but no luck! What's the best way to approach do you think in this case. The domain they have is very premium, and they probably know it...

Really appreciate your help - there's so much experience on this forum - I'm really learning so much.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For such domains "very premium" sometimes the WHOIS does not gives any address or phone info. They are registered in the Isle of Man, Caiman, ...
And the address is a PO Box, or simply a fake address.
When this happen there are big chances that in fact the owner is not looking to sell anything. To motivate him you should come with a buying offer really but really higher then the best appraised value of the domain.
If you PM the domain I will help you (if possible) locate the owner.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does the owner not run the risk of lowing the domain due to bunk whois info?
What is the deal with that? I find GREAT domains with BS info all the time..

mgstudent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For such domains "very premium" sometimes the WHOIS does not gives any address or phone info. They are registered in the Isle of Man, Caiman, ...
And the address is a PO Box, or simply a fake address.

Well there is a name an address (not cayman or Isle of Man or anywhere like that), and I know this exists. I have written a letter and it's on it's way but thanks for trying to your help cybertonic.

My problem is that I cannot afford to pay the market value for this very premium name. And I am hoping that there is a chance that the owner will sell it at a better price. This is bacause the domain isn't developed and isn't parked...:greenconfused:

Does the owner not run the risk of lowing the domain due to bunk whois info?
What is the deal with that? I find GREAT domains with BS info all the time..

Mocus - I'm guessing 'bunk' means 'fake' here? In my case I don't think it's fake (because the name and address there I can trace - just no tel. or email).
But I never understand why people leave fake details there when the domain is parked - aren't they ultimately trying to sell the domain? or is that traffic and parking revenues so high that they don't want to sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom