Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

utube.com vs youtube.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I seen on the news today that Utube.com, which is a metal company out of Ohio, received 68 million hits to their site last month. 67,999,789 were probably typos. Utube.com is furious at Youtube.com because their site is constantly down and cannot handle the traffic.

I say they park it. The small company out of Ohio could make 100x what they make a month from selling metal from the PPC alone.

Utube.com

36,000+ overture WITH ext.

Impressive Google trends report

16,000 returns from google with ext.

Domain Days 2024

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Think about it though. There are people willing to pay up to 20-30 years revenue for a domain name. 1 million is almost a slap in the face.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see where this finally sells

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Utube.com still owns the TM to that domain name. It was registered 9 years prior to Youtube.com. I don't think that Google could even make a case as long as Utube.com wasn't trying to look like youtube.com.

Collector

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will park the name (as long as that's okay with youtube.com).

The traffic's probably gonna bring in some good revenue while I can still sell some metal in the brick and mortar fashion.

:)

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it would be fun to own a name like that, and then it becomes a huge typo of a popular site. a total windfall for the owner, being able to turn down 1 million offers and all...

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well it's not worth it to Google to buy the domain. It's not like people are going to type that in and STAY on uTube.com. They will all end up at the right place eventually, so I don't see this as something Google would need to buy.

However, PPC people could definitely benefit from it. I really wonder how much traffic that site gets every day and how well it would convert.. Probably very well.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well it's not worth it to Google to buy the domain. It's not like people are going to type that in and STAY on uTube.com. They will all end up at the right place eventually, so I don't see this as something Google would need to buy.

However, PPC people could definitely benefit from it. I really wonder how much traffic that site gets every day and how well it would convert.. Probably very well.

I find your comment to be a contradiction. People will type in Utube.com and find the right place eventually? Sure some will. Then you say "PPC people could definitely benefit from it" which means that people will type in Utube.com, see ads that they are interested in and click on them. They will not end up at youtube.com most likely, but they will end up in the right place, and the domain owner that I am sure we all envy will end up with a nice chunk of change.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder.. since he had it years before youtube.com , I wonder if he can lease the name and traffic out to other video hosting websites .. hmmm , or some other type of Peer to Peer interaction

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

It is worth it for google to buy it. Last month utube.com received 68 million hits. Google would just forward utube.com to youtube.com and then they WOULD get where they are trying to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom