Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Valuate and Estibot must have changed their algorithmh

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Most of my domains took 80% haircuts.

My 3 letter .coms doubled

What a pile of shit that appraisal service is.

I never relied on estibot and valuate but at least keep the prices consistent. I feel like I am in .com stocks. When a domain can swing from 125k to 30k, its obviously a poor valuation method.

CDAMichael

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Francois' valuation properties need to be taken as novelty sites. It always amazes me when people quote their valuations as part of a sales strategy as if it is useful information based on some sort of actual formula.

People also need to ask themselves "how old is the data that they use", and 'where are they getting their data?" and to test this, simply enter any topical current event and add .com to the end and you'll see a zero valuation.

And if that kind of traffic data is readily available over an API or something, then how come he is the only guy with valuation sites? hell, I'd make one if I could grab API data, I've got a bunch of great ideas that could use it!

Also, its amazing how many times those sites are "right" in their valuations when it comes to a domain that has already sold...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maybe those 125k appraisals were inflated to begin with and were corrected later

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom