Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Valuation Models

Status
Not open for further replies.

vialli

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How do you value a Domain?
Some of you will be aware that at AN, members were able to share with others their opinions on how to value a domain.

With members participating from all over the world all with different backgrounds, these for me became an very valuable tool in my early days of the domain game.

It's true you shouldn't believe everything you read but you can extract the good from the bad and this helps to increase your knowledge of this crazy business.

You are never too old or experienced to learn!

So, if you have your own valuation model, and would like to share this with the members here at DNFourm, then please post your reply to this thread.

Domain summit 2024

Originally posted by vialli
How do you value a Domain?
Some of you will be aware that at AN, members were able to share with others their opinions on how to value a domain.

With members participating from all over the world all with different backgrounds, these for me became an very valuable tool in my early days of the domain game.

It's true you shouldn't believe everything you read but you can extract the good from the bad and this helps to increase your knowledge of this crazy business.

You are never too old or experienced to learn!

So, if you have your own valuation model, and would like to share this with the members here at DNFourm, then please post your reply to this thread.

wow.. Vialli.. great point to bring up.. ie: reviewing valuation models. I'm posting the orginal only one I've ever used, which is what is posted at Anic. and BTW.. folks can still go to afternic and click the tab 'appraisal's.. it will pull up each member & will allow you to click that members name, an review their appraisal valuation model... so, while that data is still there, some forum members may find it useful to review the various valuation models...
Title: Market Valuation Model
My valuation opinion, will be focused on the domainURL's "Marketing Possibilities". My career history/field in the advertising arena, inspires such an appraisal valuation. The internet is like in essence a non stop 24 hour commercial, and so therefore that which makes an URL/domain truely have any value at all, would be if the domain has the abillity to reach viewers, jump out at them, make them take a second glance.. for it's a highly competitive, broad marketing arena.. the internet that is. So, one must STAND OUT from the crowd. The domain/ URL should have a short slogan, which is profound, rememberable, meaningful, and be a magnet for clicks, even if simply for 'curiosity' reasons for clicking.
Bottom line is, value comes from a domain's ability to GENERATE REVENUE... otherwise, why do we do what we do? Why would anyone in their right mind, build an online business without the motivation of generating revenue.
My valuation will consider the "Radio Recall" factor at 50% of it's total value. Radio Recall.. means when I listen to the radio.. and I HEAR an advertisement, am I able to recall the company name, the URL? Am I going to be able to key the word directly into my browser when I get home, and will I be able to correctly key these words in, with out "2" meaning two.. or to. Without 4, meaning 'for'. Numbers such as this, in place of words, FAIL the RADIO TEST.
I like unique, domains, and my sole valuation will be based 50% on Radio Recall value & 50% on marketability/slogan / revenue possibilities. My valuation will consider built / developed websites as a +, but, truely it's not that valid. The new business owner of the URL, may have an entirely different 'vision' for the domain, or have an idea for the direction it will go regarding how revenue is generated/created.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credibility/Background History

I am the VP of GNM services Corp. We are an internet based 'Business Solutions' provider serving business owners on a global scale. We have served the International merchant/business owner 3+ years, and have served our perspective industry for 7+ years. We have designed, marketed, and built several different websites, all focused on completely different markets. I have an management background history, with Dillards Dept. store & an advertising history serving business owners in the DFW metroplex area, and served Cardservice International for 3+ years and was their top Texas producer in 1999, prior to branching off as an independant sales organization, serving the bankcard processing industry, in which I am in direct contact with business owners worldwide, which each have different business types, and marketing plans etc. so therefore I am exposed to Internet business owners on a daily bases, currently serving Russia, Canada, UK, Jordan & merchants across the usa. I wish you success with your business endeavor online, which is still in it's infancy. Those who are actively involved this day, at this point, in regards to the Internet expansion, growth, and ever changing industry.. are the frontiers.. the pioneers, and I salute your courage. Just remember, it's okay to fall off your horse. Just don't let the horse get away, and you'll be alright! www.GlobalNetMerchant.com
www.GlobalNetMerchant.net
www.EngineRank.com

And my personal slogan posted below my name: msWandaMay
on Anic.. always read:

"The harder the battle.. the sweeter the Victory"

Therefore, let nothing or no-one.. stand in your way of something you believe in, even if you think you are running against the wind.. you go for it.......

C

cheetah

are you not that mean old witch :mad: from afternic, who kept appraising and insulting :confused: people.
looks like you started taking your medication :rolleyes: , keep it up!

Originally posted by cheetah
are you not that mean old witch :mad: from afternic, who kept appraising and insulting :confused: people.

Pardon me... I do not understand your comments? I am the same person on Anic as I am here... I never held multi alias names.. so what in specific are you referring too?

your cheetah here.. so who were you on Anic?

care to expand on that?

my app's were always fair..

i drew my line on some of the 'names'/url's.. which i thought were'pedifile' type name.. heck ya.. i have a limit, which i believe is acceptable.. and I will stand up for 'right' and i will put the mirror in the face of the 'wrong'..

i don't take any medication..

but in your situation.. i wonder if your problem, can be easily pronounced?

just checking... :)

Got a problem, with someone standing up for what they believe in? Ya know what they say.. if ya don't stand for something.. you'll fall for anything..
I don't go with the crowd.. if it's agains't my grain.. I'de rather take the heat.. and know, i'm standing up for what I believe in..

it's a rather simple concept...

and my 'way's' will not change... no matter what.. i'm firmly planted, in what i believe is acceptable, and what is not..

it's cool.. if you don't like that.. that's why there is freedom..

and it's cool.. if i choose to be what i am.. and believe in what i do..

if we were all the same.. it would be BORING..

C

cheetah

Does that ring a bell?

Was it not you that was insulting everyone in the forums?
Was it not you that was appraising domains with insulting commnents for no reason?

If you are not the one that was using the term rat b@st@rd , then I apologize. But if it was you (99% sure), then

GO GET A LIFE

Does that ring a bell?

Was it not you that was appraising domains with insulting commnents for no reason?

If you are not the one that was using the term rat b@st@rd , then I apologize. But if it was you (99% sure), then

GO GET A LIFE

i never used ratB@st@rd..

that's not me..

i do own: RatBastard.net and SpinelessRat.com & RatTrapper.com

but i NEVER ever.. referred to these names with the @ as you point out..
never did i use the rat B@st@rd as you post..

that is not me.

anything that is me, will be tagg'd with
msWandaMay (on Anic)
or WandaMay on the 4M here.

many tried to 'look like me' and there were many who tried to be me.. by covering up allias like
'wanda may'
and 'wanda will'
and 'wanda can'

trace it back.. that is NOT ME..

they tried to BE ME..

but that was NOT ME.

i was only msWandaMay on Anic..

and i'm WandaMay here..

i don't hide behind alias names..

i never saw the posts you speak of on the rat B@st@rd ???

do you have those records?? i never say that

Does that ring a bell?

GO GET A LIFE

no, i didn't insult people on the 4'M's..

i am rather one who chooses to 'bring the house up'

not to bring the house down.

i never saw the posts.. your speaking of with the B@st@rd

those posts were not from
msWandaMay
i can assure you..

Does that ring a bell?

GO GET A LIFE

i never ever used r@tb@stard.. ever in any post.. on the 4M's or on the app's board..
and frankly, i never saw these post's as you mention..

i think your making this up.

i stay'ed pretty close to reviewing all 4M' posts on Anic.

i never, ever say an r@tb@stard post.. as you mention.
never.

do you have any proof of this?

C

cheetah

deleted all forum posts, appraisals, everything, i cannot go back and check, i wish i could. I would liked to have shared them with everyone here !

If you say its not you then its fine with me. It could possibly have been (like you said) other varied aliases of yours that others made and used.

thats all folks !!!

Cheetah you must be fast but you sound slow in the brains. Which post of Wanda's IN THIS FORUM did you find insulting or containing a demeaning remark? If anything else, your posts here starting at #1 are all insulting and attacking someone without any proof.

Cheetah it's you that needs to go get a life buddy.

Originally posted by timechange
Cheetah you must be fast but you sound slow in the brains. Which post of Wanda's IN THIS FORUM did you find insulting or containing a demeaning remark? If anything else, your posts here starting at #1 are all insulting and attacking someone without any proof.

Cheetah it's you that needs to go get a life buddy.

thanks timechange..

i challenged this individual in 'chat'
but they 'let chat' when i asked for valid post/proof
of what they were attacking me for.

this person.. soon left chat..
no back bone

no support of their acuasations.

and i knew it..

cause i know what i do an don't post,

and their accusations are not backed with
any solid proof..
fore it is not true..

i am not the peson/poster this person claims.

i 've asked for proof..

that's when they left chat.

does that tell you anything?

didn't an close down their forums because the content ended up with exactly what this thread has degenerated into?

vialli

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This thread was meant to be for members to post their own valuation models to help assist other domainers with improving their knowledge of the Domain Name game.

If you want to make accusations towards other members please take it outside this thread and into the 'playground'.

I thought that this idea was probaly my best post since i became a member, so come on guys/gals lets help each other.

Many Thanks

vialli

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wanda,

Many thanks for posting your valuation model.

It is nice to see some people are prepared to help others with the expanding of their knowledge.

All opinions are different and it is from this I am able to learn more and in turn will hopefully be able to pass on my knowledge to any newbies that join this crazy business.

So come on guys/gals post your opinion here.

Originally posted by vialli
Wanda,

Many thanks for posting your valuation model.

It is nice to see some people are prepared to help others with the expanding of their knowledge.

All opinions are different and it is from this I am able to learn more and in turn will hopefully be able to pass on my knowledge to any newbies that join this crazy business.

So come on guys/gals post your opinion here.

i have nothing to hide..
same today..
as i was yesterday on Anic.

i do not know who the 'cheetah' member is.

i challenged this individual in DNforum chat.. to reveal themselves.. as far as 'who their user name' was on Anic..

that's when they immediately left chat..
they did not want to reveal themselves..

so... that tells me a great deal.. about this person.

hopefully, folks will visit the Anic 'appraisal' pages.. which allow you to review the top appraisal valuation models.

now, while this is still active.. might be the time to visit.. print out.. and have for your own records..

goodluck!
WandaMay DNforum
msWandaMay Anic member
msWandaMay ForumDirectory

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom