Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Value/Copyright of domains of famous people/bands ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I saw someone selling a bandname domain.

Few questions

1 - Is their copyright issues involved in owning a domain of a famous band like that??

2 - Is it worth buying domains of famous people bands?? They worth anything/get good search results etc?

For example their is a .net domain available of a famous singer songwriter, is it worth getting?

3 - Would it make any difference to copyrighters if the domain had a slah in the middle, so instead of famousperson.com you would have famous-person.com ? (Change famous person to any famous person :])

Thnx

Also I just found a .com domain of a famous English comedian, would it be worth getting? Not like he is worldwide known.

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thnx

I also got told to read this

http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/com/speeches/h1554gb1.pdf

On it, it says anyone registering someone else's name will be up for libal action, but then I have seen people registering famous peoples names and selling them on all the time?

Not sure whether to register the ones I want to register, one is a .com of a English comedian other is a .net of a singer/songwriter who is fairly well know but not mainstream wise.

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would but I don't want anyone registering it just in case I decide I want it ;)

brandon

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would register it if it draws traffic for you.

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well I went ahead and got the singer songwriter one, he isn't mainstream but should get some traffic, he's been about a while.

I also registered a famous ladys name with 'pictures' at the end, so it was famousnamepictures.com.

I think they should be ok.

I also want to register a .net domain of a German actress who should make it big in Hollywood next year, but still not sure on that one or the English comedian one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom