Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Value of 3-digit .info and .biz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayor

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All 3-digit names go like hotcakes. But is there any resale value to 357.info or 745.biz, for example?

Mayor

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last time I checked, there were still 3-LETTER .biz/.info available; and most would agree that they are of no less value than 3-number's. You may figure the rest of the story, I guess. ;)

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
Last time I checked, there were still 3-LETTER .biz/.info available; and most would agree that they are of no less value than 3-number's. You may figure the rest of the story, I guess. ;)

While we were debating the value and future of .INFO, a certain "big player" in the industry, fomerly a .COM only trader, stepped in an purchased over 2,000 .INFO names in January 2004. Nearly all of the 3 letter .infos are gone.

Sit back and buckle your seatbelts, gentlemen... .INFO is about to take off.

Oh... and no, I don't see any value to numbers-only .info's.

mayor

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The fact that this person is speculating in .INFO doesn't mean they will take off. Its all about supply and demand, isn't it? Are there enough .com names to go around? Will .info supplant .net and .org? What about the future of .us and .biz? So many questions.. so few answers!

I've been online since the beginning of the online world and it is still a .com world.

But I think single word names are good deal wherever you can find 'em.

Mayor

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On the east coast of the U.S., there are a number of resort towns.

For example - Ocean City, MD and OuterBanks, NC.

If you were fortunate enough to buy ocean front property many years
ago, they are worth a fortune today. And, the second place properties were ocean view. Which are also worth a lot.

Today, not everyone can afford to buy ocean front. So, they need to
settle for ocean view.

So, I guess what you are asking is

Is INFO going to take the place of "ocean view"? Or, is NET going to
maintain that position?

And, I don't think anyone knows the answer right now.
It would strictly be a guess.

(I used that example, just to make Juniper feel homesick!):-D

mayor

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
See, the thing is, I'm not sure .net really ever demonstrated that it had that position. Many people prefer .org. Fact is, if it ain't .com, it had better be a really good name. I rarely go to a site that is NOT a .com.

I guess time will tell, huh?

Mayor

mayor

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by JuniperPark
While we were debating the value and future of .INFO, a certain "big player" in the industry, fomerly a .COM only trader, stepped in an purchased over 2,000 .INFO names in January 2004. Nearly all of the 3 letter .infos are gone.

Do we know who this person is?

Mayor

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mayor said:
All 3-digit names go like hotcakes. But is there any resale value to 357.info or 745.biz, for example?

Mayor

I'd say number domains may have value IF they have some meaning. 357.info in particular as a handgun site. 007.biz to sell Bond films, or 125.info for info on IRS section 125 (Cafeteria) plans. I could forsee many being used in the info domain for directories within a phone area code as well. You'd just have to be creative to figure out a potential use for the particular number, otherwise it's just a number.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark said:

Sit back and buckle your seatbelts, gentlemen... .INFO is about to take off.

Oh... and no, I don't see any value to numbers-only .info's.

I picked up a few hundred infos myself in the last 3 months, until I ran out of money and the demand, competition, and prices picked up from others. For end users, I think info has the most potential behind .com in the next 3 years, and would consider it about equal to .net right now. For wholesale, I think net is still ahead though. I've seen some infos taken with the net available. The net is all about information, so it's a good fit.

.biz has an identity crisis in being the stepchild to .com. I don't see as bright a near term future there. Besides, most businesses provide info, but not all info is business related. So info has more potential end usefulness.

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For the short term I have seen little or no interest in my 3 and 4 number dot info's and biz. I think they'll do ok in the long run if it's a classic number like the ones mentioned or a solid number ie 100, 500 , 3000 etc. By ok I mean they should bring a modest end user price (low XXX - mid XXXX) 500.biz made the cut at GreatDomains.com, however GD's selection method is questionable at best.

Numbers that can be prices could also do ok 699, 995 etc(probably more so in the .biz rather than info).

I wouldn't invest heavily in non unique (147 , 538, etc) 3 number info and biz domains. Only dot com seems to be hot for the non uniques.

Best of luck to you.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom