Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Value of .com vs .biz

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevD

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good morning, afternoon or evening,

What is the consensus on .biz value compared to .com? So for example, if the sale of <domainname>.com is worth $1000, what would you think the %-age difference would be for the same <domainname>.biz?

Just interested in gut or real life feel on this so I can look at a pricing strategy for .biz.

thanks all!

Cheers
KevD
kilodelta.net

Coldforce

Coldforce.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the com is worth 1 k, the biz is probably not worth the reg fee.

rngrdanny22

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agreed. If you go with .BIZ, I would suggest sticking with LL, CC, or LLL names. Those seem to be some of the only ones with some value. But remember, most CC.BIZ names are going in the $150-200 range lately. A CC.COM would go for much much more.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While the valus are not very accurate it can give you a comparison of what the values between the different TLDs with LLL / NNN / CCC domains:

http://3character.com/priceguide.html

Example - LLL.com they say is $4500 - LLL.biz they say is about $20 (YMMV based on letters, though). If you are going for .biz and want to base it on the value of .coms go with .coms that are at least in the mid $1x,xxx range but I'll have to kinda agree with rngrdanny22 - I'd say stick with cc.biz or even LLL/NNN.biz domains. If you can get area codes - do it and build up a directory.

KevD

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone. Appreciated. Will certainly consider LLL/NNN/CC.biz if the come along, just wanted some pointers.

Thanks again!

Have a good weekend
KevD

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have a good budget ($500-$1000) instead of buying a ton of lll.bz domains look for 1-2 medium lll.org or lll.net domains. Far less in renewal fees and more attractive to end users. if you can afford one I'd say look for some lll.com bargains (they might still exist).

rngrdanny22

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Heck, if your budget is $1k, I have a couple CC.ORG's I could part with :smilewinkgrin:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed. If you go with .BIZ, I would suggest sticking with LL, CC, or LLL names. Those seem to be some of the only ones with some value. But remember, most CC.BIZ names are going in the $150-200 range lately. A CC.COM would go for much much more.
I have seen LL.biz for sale well under $500 (not bad combos) on domain forums.
So I think even the LL are not really valued much.
IMO the gap in value would be between one 100th and one 1000th, where even applicable.
Let's face it, the TLD has failed and more alternatives are coming.

Have you noticed several registries have been liquidating short reserved domains, .pro .coop and others too I think.

rngrdanny22

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree, but just because they are lower dollar amounts doesn't mean there isn't money to be made. If you could land a LL.BIZ for say $400, but turn around and sell for $600, you just made a 50% profit. If he's just starting out, he may not have the deep pockets like some of the pros on this site to go after the LLL.com's of the world.

Heck, I'm still new and I'm happy when I reg a name and sell for $4 profit... LOL!

Aluminum Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
IDNX price index calculates dot biz to be 9% the value of dot com (and 27% of dot net). My gut feel of biz/com is <1%. Of course, lightning can strike anywhere, anytime, upsetting conventional wisdom:

about.biz $510 sedo 2008
about.net $5600 sedo 2010
about.biz $15000 sedo 2011
source

Given the choice, most people would take about.net over about.biz, but the domain aftermarket walks on the wild side.

T

tekz999

Yes, .biz sucks. Please sell me all your .biz, PM me. I will lift off the burden for you. (seriously, sell to me. PM me now.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom