Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Value of LLL and NNN .cc's (today and tomorrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm really curious as to what everyone's opinion of the future of the .cc TLD is. It seems whoever I talk to, they either love it or hate it.

Being so, do you think it will hold substantical value down the line for branding domains like LLL.cc or NNN.cc? Basically, do you think it's going to become the next .com?

It has a nice ring to it and I believe China is really jumping on the bandwagon with it. But does that mean they are worth developing? Is this just another pretender to .com's throne?

Any input would be really appreciated, i'm quite curious.

Jay

Domain Days 2024

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i dont believe in .cc. for me its .com and european ccTLDs

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it has the potential to take off, I guess only time will tell. Works well for lazy people though, the .cc that is.

;

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The value of one word and popoular two word terms in .cc should increase like with all domains, but I don't think it will explode in value. I have no idea how it's viewed in China, but I've seen 'cc' referred to as 'China customers' for a business site. If you go to enic.cc you'll see in the bottom left corner a link to many featured .cc sites that have been developped.

xdn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dot CC is administered by VeriSign through a subsidiary company eNIC, which promotes it for international registration as "the next .com". Dot CC is very easy to remember, because it has only two duplicated letters, better than .biz and .info in this point of view, addition with VeriSign's promotion.

The drawback of this TLD is that the registration fee is relatively high($18 in godaddy with promo code) and it hasn't geographical meaning. It usually be regarded as commericial company, credit card, or carbon copy. In china, it is more popular, where it is known as china company.

There are many $xxxx sales this year, far more than before. From April to now, all the LL and NN cc names had been sold out by VeriSign and many of them will be developed. Hope .cc name will get more exposure.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If Verisign is backing it, I have to think it at least has a chance. I have seen some nice NN and LL going up for sale. Will be interesting to see how it plays out over the next few yrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom