Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Value of other extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulc

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have also quered this in the platinum forums as well.

If say for example the domain name widget.com was sold for 1 million dollars, then what would the domain widget be worth with other less popular extensions such as com.hk, .ni, .ae etc...

Many thanks.

Domain Days 2024

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not aware of some general rule or dependencies as ccTLDs have their own life depending on local culture and local business environment.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
paulc said:
I have also quered this in the platinum forums as well.

If say for example the domain name widget.com was sold for 1 million dollars, then what would the domain widget be worth with other less popular extensions such as com.hk, .ni, .ae etc...

Many thanks.

unless it has traffic, value = $0

Other post in platinum closed, as there is no need for duplicate threads.

Thanks

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
paulc said:
If say for example the domain name widget.com was sold for 1 million dollars, then what would the domain widget be worth with other less popular extensions such as com.hk, .ni, .ae etc...Many thanks.
There is NO way to measure one extension against another based on just a price multiple or percentage basis. Way too many variables to consider.

paulc said:
Would the price still be zero even if it was a sought after generic name like sex etc?
Of course not. My buddies and I have sold (and bot) names in alternative extensions at 4 and 5 figures that had very little (if any) url bar type in traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom