Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale value of provincial domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

victornumber

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
would you guys say there are value in the provincial extension of domains?

Domain Days 2024

Belzibut

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
same value as the .ca if you own the only prov. ext but if other owns other extenision, the value is close to zero.

If I own bob.bc.ca and you own bob.ab.ca, you and I can't own bob.ca without each other's permission. The one who is willing to pay the other the most will get it. No body wants to give the permission to own the .ca even thought they have been using the prov for years.

Really this is a major flaw in the .ca world. Makes no sence that you need the other ext owner to register the .ca, it's a poor attemp to fix how .ca started.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont' see why the prov extension was ever popular, but i guess that's how it started.

if I had to pin the most valuable one, I'd say the qc.ca one. i don't see the rest of Canadians as being that patriotic about their province.

Belzibut

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think at the beginning you needed offices in more than one province to own a .ca otherwise you had to go for the prov. ext. When they changed the rule they really screwed up the guys who's were marketing prov extension but to give them a chance they decided that they were the only one who could register the direct .ca. Most business using prov ext don't even know they can register the direct .ca because when they do a whois search it says that it can't be registered.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think that you needed to be federally incorporated to register under .ca. That was back then.

Actually it's funny that I see quite a few corporations still using their 3rd level domain name (mostly .qc.ca), that is not taken in any other provincial level, so they could grab the .ca but they may be unaware ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom