Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service vbulletin Forum question? Reward Store >>> Bank Dollars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have the bank hack installed on my website, Just wondering if anybody knows if it is possible when someone signs up to my vbulletin run forum, is there a way through the admin panel that the new member is automatically rewarded say 5000 shop bucks? Instead of me donating all the time, which takes bloody ages! %+|

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This looking for advice on this question guys?

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's certainly possible, but you would need to be familiar with PHP and with the vBulletin scripts. You would need to find the point in the registration scripts where all the default valued are written to the database, then add an extra value of "5000" to the field that holds the users' forum$. If you knew the scripts inside out, as some people do, it would only take a couple of seconds, but off-hand I don't even know what script the registration is handled by, and it would take some time to figure that out...

marcos

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cant this be done with the addon it does to usergroups in admin panel at all ?

Hey

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
searcher said:
cant this be done with the addon it does to usergroups in admin panel at all ?

I think this is possible but than again I don't have the bank mod , heck i don't even have a license :p

TheDNFKing

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will give this a try and see if I can get it made.. can't promise anything though.

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TheDNFKing said:
I will give this a try and see if I can get it made.. can't promise anything though.

Thanks Mate, are you going to do a hack? Or are you offering your services?

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's pretty easy actually. There are a few ways to do it. Through the admin cp would be slightly more coding, but actually the easiest way is to go into your database with a program such as phpMyAdmin or something and find the bank dollar field. Set this field to default 5000.

The other thing you could do is put 5000 in the initial insert in the code. If you wanted a field in the admin cp where you could specify the amount users will get when signing up that would take a bit more work (not a whole lot but it would take some thought).

Plead

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You want to be looking around line 682 on register.php - just modify it a little to insert 5000 into the bank's table.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you start members with 5000, you may run into the problem of members getting 10 accounts and donating it all to one account, and before long, your f$ would be useless. I'd start them at $0, unless it's paid membership. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom