Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

vBulletin Installation Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, I need someone to install vBulletin and install a skynet style that I just purchased, ill pay $15.00 paypal.

Thanks!

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can install vbulletin w/o a problem. I should be able to install a style too. email me w/ specifics.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Done - I can do it right now! PM me...

Doh! He beat me by milliseconds...

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
money sent nice doing business with ya,

Mr. Domains is working on the skin!

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Skin installed, payment received!

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Payment sent! Thanks for installing the skin!

EDIT: Later found that he did not install skin correctly/confirm email was not working properly, had my guy redo it, asked a question relating to a hack, was answered like this "NeilJH74: Look, I think you already got your $8 from me, plus you acted like an asshole to boot."

Will NEVER do business with AGAIN

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DO NOT TRADE WITH THIS GUY!

I agreed to install the uShop & uCash vBulletin hack for $8, (which was foolish in itself considering that it's at least 1 hours work), but I had some time to kill and facied a project.

He has 4 style templates installed, so I had to install all the style templates 4 times, plus the uShop hack wasn't compatible with his 4 style, so I actually re-wrote portions of it so that it would work with his skins.

Then he pointed out that his skins used a graphical navigation bar, but the uShop/uCash nav bar is textual, so I had to create 2 "Shop" button, (both mouse over, and mouse out states), for his nav bar.

I also created a logo for his forum, (to replace the default vBulletin logo), in two colours, Grey and Blue, to match the different skin colours! Have a look for yourself, (and while you're at it, check out the "Shop" button, I don't think I did a bad job): [mod]Link not acceptable - domain forum[/mod]

And all this for $8!!!

Then he starts PMing me with stupid questions like why his "Donate" action isn't working, when he has disabled it in the Admin CP. And then today he starts hastling me about things he screwed up when he installed the board, and blaming them on me installing the skins! When I pointed it that these were his mistakes, not mine, he gives me bad Trader Rating feedback and badmouths me in the forums.

I'm sorry, but I went above and beyond the call of duty for this guy, all for $8 and a sh*tload worth of hastle.

DO NOT TRADE WITH THIS GUY AGAIN!

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then he starts PMing me with stupid questions like why his "Donate" action isn't working, when he has disabled it in the Admin CP. And then today he starts hastling me about things he screwed up when he installed the board, and blaming them on me installing the skins! When I pointed it that these were his mistakes, not mine, he gives me bad Trader Rating feedback and badmouths me in the forums.

I have a member here willing to testify that it WAS infact your fault! It was with the installation of the skins! Not the installation of vB itself!

Keith

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mistakes happen all the time. Whose fault it is will always be up to debate. With third-party skin/mod installs, there is no guarantee that it will work properly. What I would recommend is if the board is in working order, be happy with it, and move on. Just my personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom