Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale venture .ca - who hit it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know the story behind this deal. Sounds like some pretty good coin at $32K for something that might not strike most people as a big ticket domain.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great domain there, perfect for a labour venture fund, a venture capital pool company, or a brand for newly merged company.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This domain was for sale up until the day before it dropped. I was in talks about it with the person who was selling it but had concerns since they were not the owner (based on the WHOIS) and could not give me a reasonable explanation.

Instead the owner let it drop and lost out on 32,000.00$, what most Canadians gross in a year of work. The "he must have forgot" line does not apply here as this individual was discussing the sale of the name with me several weeks before it dropped and was aware of that fact.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know the story behind this deal. Sounds like some pretty good coin at $32K for something that might not strike most people as a big ticket domain.

If she knows anything about branding, the obvious user would be Arlene Dickinson, who founded Venture Communications. She's on CBC's "Dragon's Den" - as Canadians, we should have some awareness of her/the show :)

Their current site is www.openminds.ca.

For a marketing company, you'd think they'd know how to brand themselves :\

Everybody knows how deep-pocketed that Arlene is. Whoever picked this up could be taking a wheelbarrow of cash to the bank.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bought several names from the previous owner, he suddenly found a broker about 6 months after we did biz, his prices got jacked up ( some posted here on dnf by that broker/ not sure if that broker bought any ). Any way long story short, he stopped replying to our emails and went from dream land to dropping all inside 2 years. I think he was past retirement age so its possible he either died, has forgetfulness or realized the brokers promises were a big bag of BS.

As for venture.ca, we had the option to buy at low $XXXX and passed, bought much better names instead so I hope the buyer is an end user because if not their going to be a loser.

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I remember that was one heck of a TBR day.. management.ca, venture.ca, tonic.ca, annuity.ca and many more..

Not a bad ROI on Venture.ca.. Congrats!!

Last edited:

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So it dropped and went to TBR last March. Any idea how much it went for at TBR?

Also I'm interested in how someone extracted so much cash for the domain. Whomever it was I'd say they did an AAA+ of doing the deal. I'm wondering on how they extracted the jump in value from TBR price to 32K. Interested in the psychology of the doing the deal. Learning experience.

Whomever it was should broker some other domains for folks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom