Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Verisign/GreatDomains interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken part in the Verisign/GreatDomains interview that comes with a $50 Amazon.com gift certificate?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess I AM the only one here who took part in this interview (held on August 16). It's fun talking to people from Verisign (Registry) and GreatDomains for some half an hour AND got $50 (Amazon.com gift certificate) in return when my hourly rate is only $49.95, Canadian!

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is this intervew about? How does it work?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's done through telephone and web conference (which shows the graphic presentation for discussion purpose).

From what I get, GreatDomains.com is working on a central registry of after-market (with Verisign REGISTRY) and will start charging listing fees while tapping into buyers who want to register names (not necesarily pre-owned ones). It'll be like when someone make a search at whois for a certain say zoobar.com, instead of telling them that this domain was already registered (and display the owner info), the new system will show that it is available for e.g. $300 instead of $35; very much like dot-tv's premium names.

It's really interesting taking this survey/interview both for getting some first-hand information from Verisign/GreatDomains and their $50 :)

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats a great idea on the whois search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom