Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Verisign won't respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

MillerTyme

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a an old domain on verisign that's up for renewal soon. I hadn't been on the verisign in a very long time and saw that they now ask for a log in name and password to manage one's account.
I never received that from them. I also need to update my contact email address for the name.
I wrote to verisign and asked them how I can do this when I dont yet have a log in and password.
They havent repsonded.
Anyone else have this problem ?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

<oops, didn't mean to edit..meant to reply. My reply is below.>

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is pretty much the normal MO for VS (actually back to "Network Solutions" now). My guess is you won't get a reply until after you have been forced to renew there. If you can, transfer it out if your email contacts are still active and it's still active and not on "hold".

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If this domain name is 60 days before the expiration date, you may be able to transfer this domain to another registrar.

Good luck to you, send me pm if you need assistance.

Regards,
tw

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How did you manage it without a username and password? You must have it somewhere. The old system used to give you a number as a username. You've probably got it somewhere.

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah, call them. They will make you fax to them your info on company letter head with ID and crap. They will take a week to process it. You will have to call them daily to beg them to do it. You will get someone from India that will politely tell you that there is nothing they can do. Call back daily, more mad each day.

If you forget it, so will they. It is in their best interests to.

-WC-

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains
How did you manage it without a username and password? You must have it somewhere. The old system used to give you a number as a username. You've probably got it somewhere.

I don't think the old system used anything but email forms. I don't remember having a user name or user number until recently.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL! You guys must have NOT visited Verisign/NetSol for quite a while. Starting last September/October, they have made the account thing mandatory (instead of the old e-mail verification).

ALL registrants should have received 2 (TWO) separate mails:

1. An e-mail which includes the account number; AND
2. A SNAIL MAIL sent to the physical address with the password

You'll need to have BOTH in order to login. Tricky, eh?

It also teaches those with "yellow brick road" addresses a lesson. LOL! :D

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, the workaround is the fax method I listed above. You fax all your info to them, they will generate a new password for you within a week.

-WC-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom