Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Versign Business Slows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Verisgn Business Slows

Above is a link to an interesting story out today from Associated Press. 6 BILLION in share value disappeared last year and business is getting worse.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, 'Duke! :)

Though they are certainly not alone, the quote that stands out the most to me is, ""This is a good business run by some smart people, but they didn't do a very good job analyzing the data they had in front of them to anticipate this slowdown," said industry analyst Timothy Leehealey of Wedbush Morgan Securities."

PS. Not last "week" ... last YEAR: "Shares plunged by 79 percent last year, wiping out $6 billion in shareholder wealth." :)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Slow is a really kind word. Verisign registrar has lost more than 4 million registrations (i.e. 30%+ of their clientele) in less than a year; anybody can tell the rest of the story.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolHost
No DNF Bucks for pointing out the "year" item?? ;)

I'm waiting for them to bring out DNF Coins - then I will drop a couple of DNF quarters in your cup! :)

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"I'm waiting for them to bring out DNF Coins - then I will drop a couple of DNF quarters in your cup!"

LOL. Good enough, Duke! Have fun. :)
PS. IF you ever hear anything about them (him) taking a "poll" on this 'issue, please let me know. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom