Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Vertical Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

domokun

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've only been in the domain name for a few months (seriously for a few weeks) but in that time I've tried to read as much as possible.

It would seem that (having started at least 10 years too late) all the generic, short, TLA domains are gone, leaving the slighter longer tail domains.

Would you guys recommend, as a noob, that I start buying domains and vertically integrating at the same time?

This is kinda the approach I've started taking. I dont have mega bucks but if I've been buying a domain on 'dog food' for example, then I try and register several domains related to that category

e.g. dogfood.com, cheapdogfood.com, onlinedogfood.com ...

Is this a good strategy, do you think? Or am I just wasting my limited funds?!

IDEAS4

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
think of this as micro real estate. 1. Location is everything, 2. All good names will appreciate, 3. Patience is a virtue, 4. Having cash is always important -

Although compared to buying property in the city, it's a cheap hobby that can bring big rewards if you follow the above rules. But doing this as a business requires real liquidity and the ability to hold on to a name for years until the right price comes along.

I suggest read the papers, try to anticipate new trends (biofuels, green stuff,etc) and buy some inexpensive names you can hold and wait for the world to catch up to you.

Option 2 - chase good names, offer lowball prices and see if someone bites! - just like real estate!

A

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom