Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Very annoyed with sedo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So I have one name which I sold a few months back but forgot to remove from sedo. Someone has made an offer on the name and I can't cancel the damn negotiation without making an offer?

Why is it the one that makes and offer can cancel the negotiation without making an additional offer or even giving a reason why? This just happened aswell where a person made an offer, I countered, they canceled without futher discussion.

I think the lines of communication between buyer and seller on the brokerage sites needs to be opened up more. I "might" have just closed the counter offer domain if I had more of a discussion with the interested party. It seems to me the way things are setup at sedo should be reversed. Buyer should have to give a reason as to why they are declining the counter and ending negotiations. It's only a natural part of the negotiation process that I'm going to fish for more $$ so why not have them make a comment as to why they feel my counter is too much or whatever?

And in the other senario you have a seller having to make a counter ( in my case on a domain I don't own anymore) and also having to give a reason why. What happens if the buyer accepts the counter offer I make on a domain I don't own?? Or why can't I just Cancel the negotiations and give a reason why as in "I no longer own the domain.."

Or do I have to sit and wait for 30 days ignoring all of those "Congratulations you have a new offer" emails??

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Just let the offer expire in 7 days.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually they WILL NOT remove names for you because with their spiffy new interface, "it is too time consuming"!!! It says a lot about your own web design when your own employees won't use it.

I sold a block of 100 names and I'm not willing to spend hours clicking through the huge management screen pages just to remove them all, and their staff wont either. I'm saving that email in case someone gets angry at me for having a domain name listed that isn't mine. They can blame Sedo.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
Just let the offer expire in 7 days.

It's been way over 7 days. My understaning is it's 30 days and all during this time they keep sending Congratulations emails. It doesn't make any sense to me why a buyer can cancel the negotiation process at any given time while a seller is required to make and counter and give a reason as to why.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've just been through this with Sedo. I keep getting offers on a domain that I no longer wish to sell, plus there are some domains in my account there which I don't own any more. It's buried deep, but you can cancel all negotiations on something that has an offer and delete the name. I just did it. In retrospect, I guess that's not very fair on the offeror, but heck, I haven't got time to trawl through all that stuff, some of which is years old. I'll let you know if I get an email about it.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
We are talking about removing the bid not the names.

He said he sold the name -- I would think he would want to remove it, and not list a name he doesn't own.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the site has many bugs. I have removed tens and tens of names numerous times, only to find them still there the next time I visit.
and yes, I did it correctly, I selected it, chose remove listing and execute. it says it was successful, and the name is gone for that session. next time, the name is still there...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I believe removed/sold domains with stats remain on the list for the current period; they should be gone in the following month.

refide46

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just let the offer expire in 7 days

but

i guess the whole negotiations will be ended after about 4 weeks

it happened with me once

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom