Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Very Urgent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keral_Patel

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sell PHP scripts on one of my websites and Before 2 days a buyer has bought a copy of it for 299/- Now he or she is denying the recipet of the goods delivered by me to him and asking for a refund and my payments are on hold.

I recieved this letter from paypal.

t has come to our attention that you may be the recipient of potentially unauthorized funds. We have initiated an investigation into this event. In the meantime, we have placed a temporary hold on the funds in question until the investigation is complete. This temporary hold will show as a deduction in your available balance. In the meantime, you are free to continue transacting using your PayPal account.

Transaction Date: Jan. 3, 2006 23:15:49 PST
Transaction Amount: $299.00 USD
Payor's Email: [email protected]

If you have not delivered the goods or services related to this transaction, we ask that you delay or stop delivery until our investigation is complete as you may be liable for the amount in question.

To assist us in our investigation and to determine if you qualify for the Seller Protection Program, please send an email to [email protected] with the following information:

1. The item, service or purpose of the purchase, and the associated value;
2. The name and address given to you by the sender (if an item was purchased);
3. If shipped, the company used for shipping, date of shipment, and tracking number for the shipment;
4. Details of any other transactions related to the transaction(s) in question;
5. A phone number where you can be reached during the day and evening; and
6. Insurance information, if applicable.

Any additional information you have regarding this transaction, such as email correspondence, will further help us to expedite our investigation. Solving these cases helps us continue to offer PayPal as a secure and cost-effective payment service. We appreciate your cooperation and assistance.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Team

PayPal Email ID PP231

So what should I do. I cannot tell if the buyer has copied the source code for my script as it was in PHP and is now denying the reciept of the goods recieved. i contacted the paypal and explained this to them. I also have the copy of the email that I sent to the buyer and which had the attachment with it.

Thanks let me know. Its Urgent.

Keral_Patel

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also have terms and conditions on my site that clearly states that once goods are sold there will be no refund. It is here:- http://www.bluesoftweb.com/terms.php

Am I protected. If this kind of things goes on happening then Everyone will buy a copy and then say he or she haven't recieved the goods. So I will have to refund the amount to the buyer.

This fells like beggars. That you are only given certain amount of money when the buyer thinks he does not want to sue you at paypal.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It looks like your buyer used a stolen credit card to buy your script and paypal has frozen the funds to you because of that. Your probably SOL for the funds.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Zoobar said:
It looks like your buyer used a stolen credit card to buy your script and paypal has frozen the funds to you because of that. Your probably SOL for the funds.

I read it the same way , and not as the buyer stopping payment.

Keral_Patel

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One more news. The buyer is from elite cracker team. He replied me and said that he will send me the payments as soon as possible. But he would have forgot that he had tickmarked the append signature box. And it was in his sig that it was written "elite cracker team".

I also have that email in which he is saying he has some problems right now with paypal account and I should resend the scripts.

What I usually do it omit some important files from the package.

When the buyer complains I send one file and then the other. So this time this cracker got fooled. He was thinking he got all the files. But I had deleted the .SQL file whcih is the database structure and the functions.php file which holds all the functions for the script. HA HA hA HA HA HA.

So everthing he has right now is jpg's and gif's which are aslo available from the demo page on right clicking and saving it to his hard disk.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kiss your money goodbye! This is why paypal is bad for business. They don't care about your money, and they don't check to make sure payments are real or accounts are secure.

One thing you can do is to encode your files with the zend encoder and make the script call home for licensing. This doesn't always solve the issue though, as there are ways around many things.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For goods like software, scripts, etc, especially if some of your customers appear to be of the hacker mentality, it's best to only accept non-revocable funds.

e-gold ... for extra security (for most transactions not necessary), transfer the e-gold to a second e-gold account prior to shipping.

Western union ... be sure to physically pickup money; western union payments even if confirmed can be reversed prior to pickup due to laws, such as states like California.

Cash ... be sure it's real before shipping.

When selling scripts in particular, it pays to be extra paranoid and not trust anything other than hard funds in hand due to the high levels of fraud.

In regards to PayPal, kiss the money goodbye ... in addition, I'd strongly recommend checking your computer for spyware, rootkits, etc if you've corresponded with the "cracker" via email - and in addition, regardless, change your PayPal password asap ... and keep a very close eye on your PayPal account - and lastly, do NOT open nor correspond back to this person unless you are absolutely certain your virus scanner software, etc is totally up to date - and that's not easy right now given the WMF exploit - merely viewing an image is all it takes to be infected.

In summery ... in future, only accept non-revocable funds, kiss the payment goodbye (it will be reversed), and don't correspond with the buyer anymore - doing so is risky if they really are a "cracker".

Good luck.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom