Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainMentor

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anybody realised that there are some .asia domains being offered
at Sedo for hundreds of thousands:

Vip.asia - 300,000 euro
Tours.asia - 150,000 Pounds
Text.asia - 10,000 Pounds
Spices.asia - 10,000 Pounds
Financing.asia - 10,000 Pounds

I think the vip and tours.asia domains have been appraised by sedo. If not, Sedo wont allow
to list more than 10,000 pounds.

What do you guys think?

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you can ask for lots of money, is a question if people are prepared to pay this amount of money, which I doubt.

DomainMentor

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you can ask for lots of money, is a question if people are prepared to pay this amount of money, which I doubt.

Yeah that's true. But don't you think, if Sedo appraised vip.asia for 300,000euro, that means Sedo approved .asia as a good tld.
If sedo doesn't approve, the seller wont be able to list it for more than 10k pound.

Maybe because it is one word 3 letters name?

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not saying it is a bad TLD or domain, but I doubt that anyone will pay this price, but then I might be wrong. Also don't forget that Sedo earns a commission on the sales and rather sees the domain listed on Sedo than on another platform.

DomainMentor

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not saying it is a bad TLD or domain, but I doubt that anyone will pay this price, but then I might be wrong. Also don't forget that Sedo earns a commission on the sales and rather sees the domain listed on Sedo than on another platform.

Yeah I guess 300k Euro is too much. Maybe $50k to $100k is reasonable for this new tld

You are right, sedo earns commision, 10% lol

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
vip.asia I would think maximum xxxx range.

There is no real business value in that. I got better .asia domains which I would happily sell for xxxx range.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How many .asia domains you have? How do you know your .asia domain is better than vip.asia? ;)

It was my opinion, of course. I would not pay more than xxx for vip.asia . I have no idea what to do with this domain. vip website? Can I start a business site?

I would much prefer business .asia domains rather than something like vip.asia.

DomainMentor

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It was my opinion, of course. I would not pay more than xxx for vip.asia . I have no idea what to do with this domain. vip website? Can I start a business site?

I would much prefer business .asia domains rather than something like vip.asia.

yeah you are right...maybe those think that they are VIP will buy that kinda domain :)
how about extreme.asia? i found it available few days ago..worth to buy for website development?

adamwagner

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Such keywords like "vip" look like a gold names, but there is no business behind them - gaining such name, you would have to create the business for it and with it. I more prefer names, which are closely combined with business because a real industry needs them - examples: furniture, garden furniture, office furniture etc.

But, at least, among 3-letter domains only, "vip" could be one of more interesting for sure :) But never for 300,000 - even if Sedo claimed so (I don't think they would).

JohnNapoletano

John Napoletano
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SEDO policy is interesting, but I didn't see a valuation attachment from SEDO. If it's there let me know, otherwise I'd assume it's not shown for a reason. All the valuation talk sounds like it's from the owner and not SEDO.

I wouldn't say VIP is not a business. VIP is known world wide as someone with money, very important person (in their head no doubt). VIP Travel, VIP Gamblers, and there are many business names that have VIP in them. I travel in Asia and have seen and heard this spoken.

Sounds like we can say that SEDO agrees the value is above $10,000 USD.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.asia domains just don't sell in that price range, asking $$$,$$$ is pure wishful thinking.

JohnNapoletano

John Napoletano
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.asia is worthless.

Basis for that comment, being worthless?

1) Check recent sales stats (which are no doubt hard to find given the lack of network support for this tld). You wont find the market as active but there is clearly value on good names and remember that $10,000 is a lot to most domainers around the world.

2) It's up to the domain owner to make something of it, just like any website.tld
Here's just one quick example I dug up, not my site. Says Alexa:
40% of visitors from USA
Getting traffic from keyword: cargo pants
http://www.molecule.asia
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/molecule.asia

Nice site, happy to see it on .asia

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom