Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Virtual Countries Keeps PuertoRico.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

pljones

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Ari Goldberger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's worth reading the allegations in the Puertorico.com decision. Prior to their filing of the suit, the PR Tourism Bureau had offered $2 million in writing to buy the name, but then changed their mind and decided to file the lawsuit, instead!

As for newzealand.com, this was a big bargain for the Government, only because the deal was closed BEFORE we knew the outcome of the case. Had we waited until the decision came down, the deal would certainly have been north of $1 million.
We still wanted the decision to be published, however, even after selling the name, to get the victory on the books for Virtual Countries and the domain community in general. WIPO initially wasn't going to publish the decision but we pressed for it and they ultimately agreed to.

The value of all country names is much greater now with the Puertorico.com and NewZealand.com victories for domain owners.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow Ari!

On behalf of the dnforum I want to say congrats!
Now I just have to go looking for some country domains :D

pljones

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"WIPO initially wasn't going to publish the decision"

Ari thanks for mentioning this- I thought dispute providers had to publish every decision under the Rules. Even bad decisions should be available for the public to see.

pljones

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not to confuse my statement from above, but I thought you did a great job in the PuertoRico.com case and that it was definitely the right decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom