Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Visit counters

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivdnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see big discrepancies between the various counters around.

The sedotracker shows less visits than Awstat that shows less than half the visits of Webalizer...

Which one is the most reliable?

For instance, if I look at the page visited on some counters I find out that my php pages are not listed, and these are quite a cosiderable amount, while on others every single page is shown...

If I am selling a website which one I should show to be honest?

I see that most people use Webaliser on this forum, then, at this point my actual visitors are 6 to 9 times those shown on sedotracker...

I am lost!

Thanks!

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Webalizer and AWstats are both reliable, but may count visits differently. Visit their sites for more info.

petertdavis

Don't be afraid to see...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Post all of the stats if you want the fullest disclosure. Most people buying sites are going to know the difference if you just want to post the Webalizer like everyone else does.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ivdnet said:
I see big discrepancies between the various counters around.

The sedotracker shows less visits than Awstat that shows less than half the visits of Webalizer...

Which one is the most reliable?

For instance, if I look at the page visited on some counters I find out that my php pages are not listed, and these are quite a cosiderable amount, while on others every single page is shown...

If I am selling a website which one I should show to be honest?

I see that most people use Webaliser on this forum, then, at this point my actual visitors are 6 to 9 times those shown on sedotracker...

I am lost!

Thanks!

i like awstats better then webalizer.. both are "reliable" just track the stats a bit differently.

you can also get a free counter over at http://extreme-dm.com (extreme tracker) which is one of the best free 3rd party counters around.. trusted by many, been around for a long time now.

good luck!

ivdnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys... So it seems that some trackers are good for selling sites and some others for buying them... :) . Will try the one that Mike is suggesting too.. Thanks a lot!

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow i just use my sedo stats,i didnt know they were so unreliable,so bassically by a site on sedo stats and sell it on webalizer stats,easy as 123,

But why are sedo stats so low ?

petertdavis

Don't be afraid to see...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
britishbulldog said:
Wow i just use my sedo stats,i didnt know they were so unreliable,so bassically by a site on sedo stats and sell it on webalizer stats,easy as 123,
I doubt that anyone here who doesn't know the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom