Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Visitor Count SkyRocketed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Check your Sedo domains visitor / revenue. It just skyrocketed for me for all my domains. I'm including a screenshot of one of them:

skyrocketna9.gif

Could this be a problem with Sedo? Are they refunding us for all the lost revenue? What in the world is this?

Now that I look at it closer, it is exactly today's visitor/revenue count multiplied by 3.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My traffic just peaked as well, but not paid clicks.

Still, it makes me wonder, is this a fluke, or the actual traffic that should have counted all along?

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As of right now I know one thing. There are too many problems with this company.

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got the same thing, big traffic counts, more clicks, more money...all at once.

Very cool, hope it stays this way.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My traffic is only up about 20%...so no big difference.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I havent been able to get into sedopro since like 5 pm.
Says they are doing something with the stats.

Maybe they are checking out something which has to do with the big rise in traffic.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes my unique and revenue increase 3X for yesterday.. seems its a stats problem

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you know what I think this is? its probably the page count and not visitor count including all the clicks (since as we established in the other post, Sedo says in their terms they are only paying for the first click, (not the second, third etc)..this is probably what it would look like if they pay all clicks and counts views and not only unique visitors...so its probably what we should earn, which is why it is different for everybody as it depends on the domains how many people click on how many ads

Welkin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have written here that I have had two problems yestereday for many hours.
And yes, at the end of the day the third one had arrived.
My stats were multiplied by 3 (views, clicks, revenue). But that was just for a minute. After that they decreased at a multiplied by 2 level. Now (8 hours later) they are still multiplied by 2.
But I don't think this is a compensation for the lower revenue yesterday. As someone above has said, they have problems. Big problems. I've been a software developer for many years and I have seen a lot of bad software. So I can say that Sedo's software is extremely bad with so many issues. It is even worse cause it is working with money...

you know what I think this is? its probably the page count and not visitor count including all the clicks (since as we established in the other post, Sedo says in their terms they are only paying for the first click, (not the second, third etc)..this is probably what it would look like if they pay all clicks and counts views and not only unique visitors...so its probably what we should earn, which is why it is different for everybody as it depends on the domains how many people click on how many ads

It's just a bug. The stats are exact multiplication by 3 or 2. Mine have been first multiplied by 3 for a couple of minutes. After that they decreased to a x2 level.

btw guys, if you click on the "Domain Parking" link in Sedo, your stats should be at their normal level.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
When stats are being generated, multipliers occur. However, my visits show 2.5 times the amount of the day before. More proof that Sedo controls the trickling of the water through the pipes.

Edit: by checking my syslog stats for a domain I use my own DNS on and comparing it to Sedo's visits, I can confirm the Sedo numbers for yesterday are 2 x the actual number of visits. Judging by the silence of Sedo, I can only assume they issued "compensations".

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think they posted by mistake what they really get from Google ;)

B.King

Hard Ass™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dont hold your breath its probably going to be adjusted to normal in a few hours.
2x reporting of revenue and stats is a norm at smartname aswell , I think its a bug

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They are doing something to their server currently so stats are not responding. Can't hurt the long run of .04 cent clicks...

Welkin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Of course, it's a bug.
Their software seems extremely unreliable. And this is the first thing to start with. It's a bigger problem even than the every day lower ppc.
This is not the only bug and periodicity of their problems has reached absolutely unacceptable level.
Having enough experience with software development I would never let their software to go live if I have been in charge.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seems like they are working on this bug now. Stats are not available as of now.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its too bad that there is not even a response here..if it would be a bug that would cause lower revenue they wouldnt even bother fixing it..

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lets face it - time has come to move out of sedo. im actually surprised that so many people from this forum are still there

shaggyboy75

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If they kept all the "after first click" revenue, sedo is f..ing rich. sometimes "huge" company mistake happens, eh error is human, will not be surprised about sedo.

there is no way of coming back to the day before.
all that time thinking " oh mannn, give me a click, pleasssse" is now over (I hope).

These are traffic parking stats now, otherwise where does that come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom