Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

VPS vs. Dedicated in $100-$150 / month price range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I need to upgrade asap. I am looking for a company that can offer the best deal for either a VPS or Dedicated in the $100-$150 price range. I have too many websites on my current host and it seems like their 99.9% up-time guarantee is a bunch of BS.

I have very little knowledge when it comes to setting up a VPS or a Dedicated for that matter, so I am looking for a company that can do this as well as move all of my sites if I switch to them.

I am looking for a GOOD, RELIABLE company that isn't planning on vanishing from the face of the earth anytime soon. I understand some of you may own your own hosting companies, but to be honest, this is not something I am looking for, too many bad experiences in the past.

VPS or Dedicated? In the price range of $100-$150 / month.

Thank you in advanced,
-Mike C.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Softlayer.com hands down.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Acro, by any chance can you recommend a package? I am totally illiterate as to what I will need here as far as what type of server, location, uplink port speeds, Hard drive size, processor, other important features/options etc. I know I want linux, control panel and/or plesk, etc. but other than that :|

Also, if you have a affiliate / partner link, I have no problem using it for the help.

Thanks again,
-Mike C.

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score
Lunar pages is one that is good as well.
Never heard of Softlayer.com

Thanks

Softlayer is popular for thei dedicated hosting, lunar pages is something like monsterhost , hostgator and any other popular crowded company. However there is always problem when it gets to huge. Zurc, I sent you a solution. Cheerio

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ServerBeach.com formerly hosting youtube. Check it out, excellent support.

EYZQ

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Who is hosting youtube! i am curious too!

vpslime.com

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We'd love to have you as a client. We specialize in HP Proliant server hosting. Datacenter is located at 56 Marietta in Atlanta, GA. G3 plans start at $89/month with dual 3.0ghz Xeon, 3gig RAM, 300GB SAN RAID-1 & 10Meg Unmetered connectivity. Free KVM, iLO, power reboot. Company has been in business since 2008.

Check us out for more info:
http://dedicatedlime.com

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PowerVps is excellent.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SoftLayer, LiquidWeb, eApps

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm using liquidweb for the 2nd year. My server was never offline except for restarts. This is a giant company, so you have live customer service 24/7 via online (!) voice chat, text chat, ticketing.. They have managed servers so you can sleep well. One day their VPS was able to handle 160k+ visitors in under 24 hours without breaking down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom