Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

wallstreet journal ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdurni

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
anyone have any luck advertising domains in the wallstreet journal? specifically on thursdays under "the mart" section. I see one every now and then up there. I have had great success with ads in this section for many different businesses, have not run one on domains as of yet.

please share experiences and success/failure stories. Also if not the wsj please share about other papers or paper publications.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A group of domainers, organized by BigTicketDomains.com ran an ad for a few days in a row, a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure if any got sold (I listed one of my domains only on the website, as I missed the print deadline).

Barron's might be a better idea, as people likely spend more time reading the articles/ads in it.

gdurni

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks george i think i might give it a try. I have never used barrons, but i have found with the wsj that you will recieve calls even weeks after the print date. I am sure barrons is comparable.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gdurni said:
anyone have any luck advertising domains in the wallstreet journal? specifically on thursdays under "the mart" section. I see one every now and then up there. I have had great success with ads in this section for many different businesses, have not run one on domains as of yet.

please share experiences and success/failure stories. Also if not the wsj please share about other papers or paper publications.

Personally, I don't think the Wallstreet Journal would be good for domain exposure. Sure the demographic is loaded with decision makers who have a lot of cash. But that doesn't mean they are very internet savvy. And remember, many of these individuals lost a BUNDLE in the dot com implosion which has never, and may never, get back to where it used to be.

The one case where you may have some success is if you have a very targeted FINANCIAL/INVESTMENT domain. Then, it may be worth your while and money to put it in the WSJ.

I think you'd be better off with a technology focused magazine, although I don't read a lot of those and couldn't tell you which one has a good subscriber base.

Good luck with whatever you try.

gdurni

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeh i agree, i think real estate domains could also be successful in WSJ print. I will keep everyone updated if i try it

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom