Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Wannabee domainer strikes gold!

MikeinFlorida

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm happy to share a good story in this era of riots and a pandemic. I've been a domainer for years, somewhere close to 20 years. I've developed a lot of websites for real estate, insurance and various news sites. I've struggled to eek out a living like many small time wannabee domainer and website developers with little cash. I've taken other jobs and been in other businesses to pay the bills.

I have a small portfolio of names by comparison to the large domainers who make their full time livings off buying and selling domain names. I've sold dozens of names over the years without striking gold! But a funny thing happened to me just a little more than a week ago. I found a perfect match for a website that I had already developed, TVVideoNews.com and I registered it at Godaddy for the regular initial registration fee.

As a wannabee domainer, I hit gold! See this domain name had dropped, which is domainer parlance for the owner of the domain not paying the renewal fee. It had been registered for 16 years, according to domain history records.

It just goes to prove that if you look hard enough and work hard enough you can still get a great domain name without sometimes paying out the big bucks. The value of domain names has risen phenomenally and I expect despite economic woes will continue to do so at perhaps even higher elevated heights. Notice how many new ecommerce sites are hitting the web?

Like many people in the current environment, money is tight for us and putting out a sizeable chunk of cash for a domain these days in the re-sale market would have been unlikely. I'm happy to share my good luck story. As a wannabee domainer I struck gold. Maybe you can too one way or another!

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

sorry, but that domain, according to wayback, was first used in 2013 and last crawled in 2017, and at time it had a GD holding page.

TVVideoNews.com

It had been registered for 16 years, according to domain history records.

perhaps you should recheck those records or use another record keeper.

imo...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators