Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Want to fly the Space Shuttle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sent from my brother. File is for public viewing and approved for release for educational purposes.

This is not a simulator but of the actual flight deck of the Shuttle Discovery.

ENJOY!

http://360vr.com/2011/06/22-discovery-flight-deck-opf_6236/index.html

Here is something worth the couple of minutes to view: a 360 panorama of the Discovery crew cabin flight deck. This is pretty cool----and maybe the last time we get to see it before it’s stuffed and mounted at the Smithsonian!

Use the up down arrows to look at the overhead panels and the center console.

Lighting is from the internal instrument panel lights.

Last edited:

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My god, it's nothing but a room full of buttons. What are the bags marked 1 - 7?

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@Doc Com Come on Doc, don't give these terrorist anymore bright ideas before they try to crash the space shuttle into a yet to be identified target lol.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My god, it's nothing but a room full of buttons. What are the bags marked 1 - 7?
I believe those are assigned to a specific crew members on each flight.

I can ask my brother. A guess would be each persons check off sheet since all materials have to be stowed away.

One thing that is cool (for me) is my brother has been sending me a "launch" cover (stamps with the date of launch and STS flight number) for each flight. But the really cool things are the uniform patches that the astronauts wear on their uniforms. I have no idea how many I have. I like the last one with Commander Kelly's name on it.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Oh, and the patch with the names of the psycho astronaut that drove non stop to from Houston to Cape Canaveral (she wore a diaper) to confront her married astronaut lover.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There were 6 screw members not 7 and these bags are connected to a cable.
May be one bag for each member and the 7th one just in case they capture a female alien?

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The 7 bags are for if people go crazy. There is a gun and a tazer in each pouch. :p

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is my understanding that the crew can accommodate up to 8 assigned crewmembers.

I read somewhere that they can go as high as 11 in an emergency (ie, evacuate the space station) but that means someone has to ride at the back of the bus.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

...bottles of Prozac and Valium.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The seats ain't high tech :)

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rocket science. It's that smart stuff.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The seats ain't high tech :)
To be honest, I am not sure where all the astronauts are seated during take off. They would all be in seats with harnesses on. I really can not see how 7 people could fit in there. There are hatches below to a lower deck, right behind the two upright seats.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Here's something else I am sure he would love for me to share:

http://icpr.mobi/images/vette.jpg

He had just sent this to me. Of all the gizmo's in the world, he has never figured out how to compress photos or send them in JPEG or other format. He sends RAW file. I swear, the damn photos are almost life size. He sent me one that was of another vette he has (he collects them) and I could see lint on the rear deck.

Anyways, this is a shot taken to submit to some vette magazine. I reduced to a manageable size to put on here.

Last edited:

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice pic!

We went to the Kennedy Space center a few months ago and they have an actual sized model of the space shuttle. It's A LOT smaller than you'd think. This cockpit picture actually shows that.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is very cool, I spent about 10 minutes looking around. Thanks for the share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom