Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Want to see what a siezed domain looks like

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I found this while searching a domain, I dont see to many like that.

Americanteamproperties.com

vladpv

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Receiver//a/t//Domainnamereceiver.net is associated with about 4,970 domains

:cool:

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a domain that I managed transfer to a non-us registrar before a US court seized it... for something a previous-previous-previous owner did with it years ago. I'm not ready to give it up for something *I* haven't done.
(Besides - the case was dismissed by Federal court years ago... it wasn't illegal. That still doesn't stop local courts from trying to seize it for no legal reason whatsoever. Sick system.)

-

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't of stopped them for long. Verisign is located right here in the good ole USA. There are plenty of articles on the net about this false sense of security. YES, it does make it more difficult, but at the end of the day, they are NOT our of reach if they really want them.

I have a domain that I managed transfer to a non-us registrar before a US court seized it... for something a previous-previous-previous owner did with it years ago. I'm not ready to give it up for something *I* haven't done.
(Besides - the case was dismissed by Federal court years ago... it wasn't illegal. That still doesn't stop local courts from trying to seize it for no legal reason whatsoever. Sick system.)

-

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't of stopped them for long. Verisign is located right here in the good ole USA. There are plenty of articles on the net about this false sense of security. YES, it does make it more difficult, but at the end of the day, they are NOT our of reach if they really want them.

I'm aware of that. However, I don't think Verisign will do anything unless the court can show a federal law has been broken, which it hasn't. The court in question doesn't even have jurisdiction over the people who owned it then, many years ago, and it's been 1½ year since they tried to take it from me. But I'm not feeling safe at all, the US "Legal System" seems to have no regard whatsoever for any international legal conventions, or what's right or wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom