Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Wanted: Domain Wanted: Mobile Text Message when Outbid in an Auction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I cant tell you how many times I was not sitting at the computer when an auction ended and lost a good name to a hawk who spends every waking hour at the computer waiting to bid at the last minute, knowing my everyday life will get in the way and wont make the counter-offer.
:::deep breath:::

Does anyone know of a script or program which will, say, sit on a mail server and forward a text message to a mobile phone when specific parameters are met?

For instance, I am on the road and an auction is about to end. Another bidder throws down a bid five minutes before the auction ends. Snapnames sends me an email immediately to let me know. However, I dont know this because I am on the road and not checking email. My nifty new script is prompted by the Snapnames email and sends me a text message to the cellphone (which is the only way to get my attention) to let me know someone else has bid on the name. I am in no position to make a counter-offer and I forgot to proxy bid on the name (because I rarely know what I am willing to pay when I first spot the name) so I need to counter fast, but I am not at the computer...

The text message gives me basic details from the canned Snapnames email (should be easy enough to pick out details) and I can make the decision to quickly call someone and have them make the counter for me.

Does this exist? If so, where is it. If not, how difficult would it be to do it?

Regards,
Stuart.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most phones today have an email capability, maybe set up a rule with your email server or Outlook (if you leave it running) to auto forward all emails that match that criteria to your phone?

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very good, thank you.

I suppose I could forward all email from the auction houses etc. to my mobile email address. Ive never tried it, so I am assuming it comes across as a text message...? The key for me is to know right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom