Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wants a refund - Please help FAST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this that site about selling "traffic"? If it is, not sure if you are going to get a lot of sympathy here. IMHO.

Shaun

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was really dumb of him to raise the price, but I can't say I'm very sympathetic to your cause since this was one of those quick sites where you get in and out fast and hope the buyer doesn't catch on, gets lucky or doesn't care enough to do anything about it.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another sticky situation you have got yourself into DFB. You are saying in two weeks he has made $0.10 profit. Is this $1,000.10 he has made? If this is the case he shouldn't be complaining since you usually expect to run at a loss for at least 6-24 months in most cases.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While you may have every legal right to refuse refund, the upstanding thing to do is to try to make it right. If you don't have the money now, work out a refund payment schedule. Admittedly, doing the right thing is hard. But by refusing payment, you are in effect admitting that the site is not worth the $1000 he paid -- which places you dangerously close to being a scammer.

P.S. I don't know anything about the site in question. I am only saying these things in general.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will make two quick points:

1) Same type of thing happened to me a while ago - sold a website, the buyer changed the pages, traffic dropped because of the changes + the buyer decided he didn't like the quality of the existing traffic. He filed a chargeback, Paypal didn't help me at all, and I lost about 60% of the funds (since he didn't fund all with his credit card).

2) You made sales because of forum postings - depending on how you explained your marketing methods to the buyer, it might be an issue. Its like me putting a link to a domain in my sig, making many posts on many forums and then selling the domain as having "traffic". The visits may be there, but only if the buyer continues the marketing. Of course, this means my domain was worthless as anyone can put links in their sig. I hope your website experienced some sales without you having to make promotional posts, otherwise it could be considered fraudulent.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Instead of hiring a lawyer for a low $x,xxx sale, why not find a way to refund the buyer, get the site back and look to sell it again (disclosing full information to the next buyer of course)?

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seems shady that you removed your original post... like you are hiding something now

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That isn't an excuse not to give a refund if the buyer deserves one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom