Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

War updates..........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thats a good start. Only about 500k to go.

RMF

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It appears that General Tommy Franks in his first press conference could not confirm that 8,000 Iraqis have surrendered. His official numbers were in the range of 700-2,000. I do not know how the Washington Post and others came up with the figure of 8,000. My guess is that it was strictly propoganda designed to demoralize Iraqi troops and garner support in the US and elsewhere.

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think they said 8k given that it's the appx definition of a division.

News yesterday said that they weren't sure how many of the division had deserted and how many had surrendered. They also mentioned this division was a grouping of some of the lowest skilled members of the Iraqi army, so I am guessing that many had taken the propoganda flyers and went home to their families.

-WC-

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for that clarification WildCard. It still bothers me when things don't add up but it does give me some insight as to how and why these figures might have been used.

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Less biased news should have said something like: 'Iraqi division nullified without firing a shot'.

-WC-

britishangel

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
LOL That's kinda funny we were talking the other day about if they started a news broadcast in today's language like "Today troops dropped some bombs and sh*t on Iraq and a couple senators said Bush was still a f**khead for bombing sh*t and some more senators said way to go boss" LOL Things would be so much easier that way ;) Just a thought from an anti-intellectual moment from me

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom