Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Warning!! Check Your .co.uk Expiry Dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We have just found out that Enom have extended the registration dates of our expired .co.uk domains by exactly one month and therefore are not showing as expired at enom but are showing as expired at Nominet.

Whats more is when you try to renew your Nominet Expired .co.uk domains Enom is saying that it can not process.

Is anyone aware of ENOM attempting to cash in on the expired .co.uk domain market. As this is somewhat confusing, and if missed you could potentially lose a premium .co.uk domain.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All non-Nominet registrars for .uk domains go through a central clearing house Registrar -- forget which -- best thing to do is contact Nominet direct. I know they are aware of this problem and can assist (at a price) for domains that are valuable and appear to be 'under expiry'. PM me if you need more info. I have been through all this hassle before.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bit dodgy though dont you think, I know enom renew/extend .coms so that they can put into their ClubDrop and PremiumDrop auctions, I just did not expect them to do it with .co.uks

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everything I hear and experience with enom makes me want to have nothing to do with them.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Namestrands, they cannot do it with .uk domains. They only drop on Nominet. There is no aftermarket drop on UK domains other than for TAG holders and subscribers to the Automaton. Then of course, Enom can take their chance like any other .uk dropcatcher (like me). They have no automatic right to place expired UK names in their drop pool with any lien over the name.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am familiar with the taglist. I'm on it. My point is that in this case, GoDaddy use GRS. Their 'clearing house'. Semantics? Maybe. I'll give you that.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enom have responded that it is a fault in there system.. however I know systems and I know data warehousing, and the only way to make a change like that would be to manipulate the data.

Its all very suspect, but it has convinced me to move all 5000 out of ENOM

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've always had enom in very low regard. This week has been a real eyeopener in terms of the fact they are worse than i could ever imagine.
Thankfully i only have about a dozen with them.
Unfortunately i have about 200 with uk2.net that need shifting. It's like trying to break out of alcatraz getting your domains out of there. :uhoh:
No authcodes issued, forms needing to be faxed. Unable to push, they truly are the worst registrar. Even worse than regfly imo. lol
Then there's the regfly ones to move. Then there's godaddy who can't be trusted. Thank God for Moniker.
I hope by summer to have transferred the lot over from all my registrars.
Think quite a few of us are doing this at present ;)
cheers
Pred

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol
uk2 were once a good registrar. many years back, when i started with them.
their service has disappeared & they have destroyed their site. i won't even start to explain
as for godaddy. it is the past year they have gone really downhill.
okay, hands up lol Registerfly are/were a false economy :rolleyes:
fortunately the majority of my domains are at top registrars. mainly Moniker ;)
Problem being in this game you need a bloody account at every registrar under the sun to take quick pushes. i must be with 15 registrars.
the main thing is to have the bulk at one, the best one & keep satellite accounts for quick pushes, it's what i'm working towards.
i plan on completely deserting uk2 & regfly though. they are scum :yes:
i notice enom in your sig. i hope for your sake their not 'your' choice of registrar lol
i trust them as far as i throw them
Pred

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom