Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Warning for Apple Mac Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This now explains why my friend's Mac Pro laptop which was a less than 1 year old system crashed a couple of weeks ago. Although I understand there is need to break the Microsoft monotony I doubt who will convince me to leave the stable Windows OS!

mppedersen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Mac is great for certain things as the PC is great for certain things, I like the Mac I have because it fits nicely into my living room decor and has few wires and no large PC case, its great for my kids the surf the web and checking email. That’s about it.

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's not specifically Apple!

Verbatim

Don't think however just because we attacking Apple the flaw is in an Apple... we're actually using a 3rd Party Wireless Card

Meaning the 3rd Party Drivers have a flaw in them... not Apple's Drivers! He goes on to reiterate that the flaw is not in Apple, but the 3rd party vendor hardware. How many flaws does MS have with their drivers with every SP update ?

Interesting Video nonetheless...

dotbidz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Macs are good for graphic design, and video editing....things like that. But I still prefer a PC anyday.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Macs are good for graphic design, and video editing....things like that. But I still prefer a PC anyday.

with the new intel macs I run XP via Parallels (within OSX) or BootCamp Dual Boot.. got a macbook pro 2GB 100GB HDD, ATI X1600, 15.2" Glossy TFT and it's pretty much what I use day to day apart from my 24" iMac :)

mppedersen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Why, I asked this to the apple rep at comp USA and he stated that it was because the software was better on a Mac, so since I use Adobe CS Suite I asked him why Adobe would make it better for the Mac then the PC, his response was that Adobe has a better relationship with Apple. What a load of shit.

My PC runs circles around all but the best Macs which by the way cost 3 times as much. If I invested that much into a PC my PC would kick its ass.

All OS X is, is a modified version of Free BSD.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I switched to mac recently and could not be happier...

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Apple iLife on the powerbook covers everything. Create music and edit video and upload to the web. All they need now is a Macbook pro with a 500gb HD.

mppedersen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its funny, I've never had any issues with my computer, I use an antivirus program that to this day has stopped everything in its tracks.

I fixed a computer for a friend the other day (3 month old Compaq w/win xp w/norton) I had forgot how messed up they can get. This thing never met a virus/scumware it didn't like.

Long story short if you protect your system (with a reliable av, firewall, don't download warz, have a legit copy of xp so you can patch) you will not have any problems.

dotbidz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why, I asked this to the apple rep at comp USA and he stated that it was because the software was better on a Mac, so since I use Adobe CS Suite I asked him why Adobe would make it better for the Mac then the PC, his response was that Adobe has a better relationship with Apple. What a load of shit.

My PC runs circles around all but the best Macs which by the way cost 3 times as much. If I invested that much into a PC my PC would kick its ass.

All OS X is, is a modified version of Free BSD.

I never said I liked them, just back when I was in school I can remember using the Macs for design work, and it was much smoother than on a PC. But I havent touched a Mac since the IIc Plus so I couldn't tell you now.

Macs remind me of the Ford Mustang....pretty on the outside but crap where it counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom