Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Warning for Newbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopos

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its been 1 month since I have started to invest in the amazing domain market. I discovered dnforum and starting using some of the tips in forums to buy some names through auctions which should looked as if they could have some traffic. I heard fabulous where the best and moved my names there. Last Friday I buy a name that starts with 5$ first day and by this Wednesday was on 77$/day and more than 35.000 pages from the fabulous system indexed in google Amazing I am thinking!
Then this Thursday I receive:

“I have noticed some activities on your domains that are a direct breach of the Fabulous terms and conditions.

It is for this reason that your account has been banned. Your earnings have been refunded to the advertisers and you will not receive payment.

I try to explain to the Fabulous team, that I had just bought those two names through snapnames on the 15th of May even sent them the snapnames confirmation, even phoned them and tried to explain, that I had no idea about this traffic infringement and could they please reactivate my account and I would delete those names, but there answer is NO!

So my account with Fabulous lasted from the 19 of May to 25th of May, I had about $250 in revenue, and have learnt my first lesson about domain traffic!

Be careful with Fabulous there are no second chances! And perhaps not so Fabulous!
Thanks guys

chopos

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes i think something like this but how can I stop it? I imagine other parking services will also end up banning me.
Thanks

Firstly, the domain name, vstorecomputers.com:

- The domain name www.metalmonkey.com is being forwarded directly to this domain

- Also has banners on http://www.houltonlive.com/

- The domain name http://www.infinetmicro.com/ is being forwarded directly to this domain

- Links on http://www.egret.net/

- Also connected to www.linkreferral.com

- The domain name http://www.computergamers.com/hardwarestore.htm links direct to this domain with banners

Secondly, the domain name- vstorebooks.com.

- Has links from www.autosurfnow.com (Get paid to click)

Smith said:
hmm sounds like you got busted with little doorway page script :laugh:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you're not supposed to have other domains pointing to ONE domain, in order to boost traffic.

the domain should stand on it's own!

chopos

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Correct, so the way to go is first to host the site study the referers it has, and when you are sure it has no funny links, go and park it somewhere. You learn something everyday ;)

Craig

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The same problem just happened with one of my domains parked with Fabulous which was due to paid click referrals.

They were however quick to re-activate my account after I explained to them the domain name was picked up through Enom's ClubDrop.

For future drops, they've also suggested to monitor the referrers prior to parking them on their program.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have had these autosurf programs add my sites to their membership as fillers when they don't have enough members, this has happened a few times to me, sucks up bandwidth , and I suppose it could easily happen with a parked domain as well.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bought a domain, hilaryduff.in from a guy, and he said it was getting 2K hits a month, so I paid more then normal for it, and then the referrals say that it was all from pay-banker.com!

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning as well, I'll remember to do background checks on the domains before I try to capture them :p

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
chopos said:
yes i think something like this but how can I stop it? I imagine other parking services will also end up banning me.
Thanks

i had a new name situation similar to this last month. i noticed LOTS of hits suddenly coming in and revs jumping dramatically. a few days later fab noticed it too and i could tell by their tone they were not amused. seems that the former owner had added the name to some sort of clickthru rotation scheme. must not have realized the name wasnt his anymore(or maybe he did - see below). anyway, fab was pretty understanding about it in my case. not banned for life or anything.

it seems that like a great way to screw up someone's ppc relationships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom