Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got an email that looked like the GoDaddy's ICANN update but I remembered in the past that they also said how you can do it from their site - this email did not do that. other than that it looked legit.

Until I looked at the URL.

It displayed "godaddy.com" but it was actually a link to godbaddy.com - NOT GODADDY.

I've forwarded the email to GD's fraud department.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Next time the phishers will have to resort to lower quality domains like gobadly.com :D

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got one of those... but since 1.) it was sent to an address which I have never used with GoDaddy, and 2.) I don't have any domains with GoDaddy currently, it was no surprise the link was spoofed. But I still had to look twice, so GoDaddy users may have to watch out for those.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If we receive those scam E-mails perhaps it's a good sign we have quality domains...

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From day one I've followed the advice never to click on a link in any email, no matter how legitimate it seems and no matter how innocuous the reason.

A friend recently clicked on a link to renew her antivirus scan (which was due for renewal) and then discovered she given her credit card details to a scammer. Whether or not it was a coincidence she got the email just at the time she needed to renew her subscription or whether there was insider involvement is not yet clear.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now I received a password reset request from netsol. The scammers never sleep :upset:

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got one of those... but since 1.) it was sent to an address which I have never used with GoDaddy, and 2.) I don't have any domains with GoDaddy currently, it was no surprise the link was spoofed. But I still had to look twice, so GoDaddy users may have to watch out for those.

I have two email addresses with GoDaddy - the one that they use to contact me with things like this (and that I've never published) and the one in my WhoIs that they never use. Take a wild guess which one it came to? ;)

If we receive those scam E-mails perhaps it's a good sign we have quality domains...

They must be pretty desperate, then.

noelius

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning, draggar, and the others! I thought I never received any mail like that, but maybe it was because I thought they were from Godaddy...

sundari

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I have not received any phishing mails until now. Anyway thanks for the warning.

sundari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom