Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Warning: Instra.com / .ae domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I want to warn anyone thinking of Registering .ae domains (or perhaps even any other domains although we have only registered .ae) that you are wasting your time if you think that you or your client will be allowed to keep them. The way it works is this. You spend say $33 registering "a" .ae domain with Instra. This could be an acronym or other generic term. Then sometime down the line you will get a simply email from Instra.com saying that they are taking the domain from you because the domain is in breach of .ae terms. They will not prove anything and no argument is allowed or considered ,they will simply take it from you. Really, I am not going to waste anymore money with Instra as either the whole thing is a con, or TRA in UAE are con artists, either way dont waste your money. Let me say what looks so so dodgy with Instra.com is that not only do they let you register the domain in the first place ,they then refuse to send details of any complaint, no explanation you give as to why the domain was registered by you will be good enough, even if it is a generic acronym, and they will refuse point blank to send you any copy of any alleged complaint from anyone. In other words Instra.com could be the biggest con artists ever and they appear like that because they refuse to show you any complaint and simply take the domain name from you.

So please do not waste your time registering domains with Instra.com as you will simply be throwing your money away .

Last edited:

Embrand

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Didn't they even refund you?

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Didn't they even refund you?

No. . This has happened time and time again. The thing is it looks very bad for Instra.com who appear to be conning people because Intra refuses always to send any proper info about how the decision was arrived at. All they do is email and say "we have locked the domain because it appears to be in breach of the rules etc etc" I then waste my time replying because there is no proper consideration and they take the domain and give it to someone else. For all I know Instra.com are selling the domain themselves when they get enquiries. This is not a trade marked domain it is simply an acronym that someone wants so they get.

DG

Embrand

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is pretty scary. I have most of my "exotic" ccTLDs at IP Mirror, but no .ae names. This is how they outline the rules for .ae, so unless the name has "bank" in it, it seems there is no reason for cancelling names:

1. Registration is opened to all entities and individuals, except Israeli individuals or entities.

2. Domains may comprise of numbers (0-9), letters (a-z) and/or "-".

3. A domain name cannot begin or end with a hypen "-" nor have a "-" as its third and fourth characters (e.g. "ab--").

4. Domain containing the work "bank" cannot be registered unless applicant is a working bank in UAE.

5. Registration of reserved domain name is subjected to aeDA's approval, and is processed manually.

6. Minimum number of name servers required: 2
Maximum number of name servers allowed:

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is pretty scary. I have most of my "exotic" ccTLDs at IP Mirror, but no .ae names. This is how they outline the rules for .ae, so unless the name has "bank" in it, it seems there is no reason for cancelling names:

1. Registration is opened to all entities and individuals, except Israeli individuals or entities.

2. Domains may comprise of numbers (0-9), letters (a-z) and/or "-".

3. A domain name cannot begin or end with a hypen "-" nor have a "-" as its third and fourth characters (e.g. "ab--").

4. Domain containing the work "bank" cannot be registered unless applicant is a working bank in UAE.

5. Registration of reserved domain name is subjected to aeDA's approval, and is processed manually.

6. Minimum number of name servers required: 2
Maximum number of name servers allowed:

Looks nice doesnt it, but the reality of it is that if "sheikh" this or sheikh that wants the domain you have then all he will do is contact AEDA or TRA and they will take it from you for free with no come back,. believe me it has happened tens of times. It may well be that Instra.com are ripping us off and they have never ever shown us a proper complaint, or any complaint and decline to do so. All they do is send email to us saying "we have locked the domain and are going to delete it " but often times they are simply registered to someone else. I have registered a number of them for other clients and they take them back and leave us in the shit. Forget UDRP, forget DRS ,they cannot be arsed with such things ,they take it and aint nothing you can
do, except dont register .ae and dont use Instra.com

DG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom