Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just wanted to let you guys know that i recieved a hack attempt from

this ip address > 21.8.36.125 > sending Helkern

from Kasperski report

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning. Any other specifics to help us know if this is a domain-related or targetted attack? Not trying to minimize the ordeal, but there are tens of thousands of hack attempts everyday. Is this a hack that may directly affect other domainers?

OgieOgalthorpe

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently recall reading that there are tens of thousands of zombie machines that have been infected by trojans and spyware, which do nothing but try to find holes in other machines for the criminals who infected them.

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OgieOgalthorpe said:
I recently recall reading that there are tens of thousands of zombie machines that have been infected by trojans and spyware, which do nothing but try to find holes in other machines for the criminals who infected them.

yep, people should be more responsible for there own computers and should be very hevaily fined if there computer is used to attack others or send spam, isp's need to be more responsible also by cutting users who are sending large volumes of emails/virus/traffic/dodgey traffic and it can be done as servermatrix (datacenter) block all dodgey traffic, blocking loads of crap from my server at the moment, doesnt stop all of it but reduces the amount. also people who are court hacking/spamming should be more heavily sentenced and countries such as s.korea, brazil, china, africa need to take more resposiblity as this is where the magority of this comes from. if a country cant be resposible for its people then they should be cut out of the net

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stevey said:
yep, people should be more responsible for there own computers and should be very hevaily fined if there computer is used to attack others or send spam, isp's need to be more responsible also by cutting users who are sending large volumes of emails/virus/traffic/dodgey traffic and it can be done as servermatrix (datacenter) block all dodgey traffic, blocking loads of crap from my server at the moment, doesnt stop all of it but reduces the amount. also people who are court hacking/spamming should be more heavily sentenced and countries such as s.korea, brazil, china, africa need to take more resposiblity as this is where the magority of this comes from. if a country cant be resposible for its people then they should be cut out of the net

LOL. I hope you are joking. While I agree there is room for more accountability, it is not the users who are at fault for falling prey to trojans and hackers. If anyone is responsible (other than the hackers, of course) it is the software manufacturers whose programming leaves room for exploits of this nature. The last person who should be "hevaily fined" [sic] is the users themselves, even if the "magority of this" [sic] comes from their computers.

That's like saying the hostage who is being used as a human shield by a terrorist to shoot at cops should be imprisoned because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time and allowed themselves to be taken hostage.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
21.8.36.125 Country:US (UNITED STATES) State: VIRGINIA City:VIENNA ISP:DOD NETWORK INFORMATION CENTER

DOD= Department of Defense

Been regging anything that could be considered "edgey" ?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
izoot said:
21.8.36.125 Country:US (UNITED STATES) State: VIRGINIA City:VIENNA ISP:DOD NETWORK INFORMATION CENTER

DOD= Department of Defense

Been regging anything that could be considered "edgey" ?

nope...not that i know of!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom