Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Users are being warned to watch out for a fake Microsoft security update. Circulating as an e-mail the fake message points people at a bogus website that claims to host critical security updates. But anyone downloading from the site will get a virus installed that opens a backdoor into their computer the program's creators can exploit. Security firms and Microsoft urged users to ensure they visit legitimate sites when downloading updates.

thought i would post this as a few weeks back i spent 2 nights helping friends sort there computers after they did this (but was a fake msn messenger update), just remember all, never click on a link, always type in the address to the offical software site for downloads even if its someone who you trust sends you a link, never trust it as they may un-knowningly be sending you a fake update d:)

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up. I must say, it is surprising (or is it?) how many people fall for crap like these fake Microsoft / PayPal / eBay etc. emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom