Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Was Dick the Butcher right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had a legal issue regarding a house my wife and I lived in before we bought our new home.

So we went to an attorney (at $285/hour) to seek legal help.

He stated that we had a good case and that we could use the help of an "expert witness".

So I called the "expert witness", quickly told him about our situation, and he was as disinterested as hell.

So I called our attorney's office, left a quick 30 second message concerning the disinterest of his "expert witness", and asked him about the next step.

The attorney called back and left his own 30 second message stating that we should call his secretary to set an appointment with him.

1 week later I receive a bill from him for $28.50, which was for his time for listening to the message and responding.

Now my wife and I can afford $28.50, that's not the issue. What galls me is this sonofabitch charges for telling us to set an appointment!

I thought of sending a letter to him stating my displeasure at his money-grabbing tactics but, who knows, he'll probably charge me for reading the letter!

Then I thought about reporting him to the ABA, but that's like reporting crimes to the Mafia.

Any advice?

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Simple - sack him and find someone else. Ask friends and relatives for the name of someone they've dealt with in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom