Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

WASHINGTON POST let their DOMAIN EXPIRE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any link?

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cool! When does it drop? :-D

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DARN! Missed another good one! :cheeky:

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The domain they let expire (but then renewed after a brief lapse) was washpost.com, which they were using for e-mail. Their Web site is under washingtonpost.com. I don't know why they set their stuff up with such an inconsistency, requiring the maintenance of two different domain registrations instead of logically using everything under one as I've always advocated (in all my rants against "Stupid Unnecessary Domain Names [tm]"). In addition to the logical structural issues, there's that the more domains you (unnecessarily) register and use, the more you've got to keep track of and worry about accidentally lapsing, like this one.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Heh heh heh! But if the domain had been published in the Washington Post, I am salivating over all that traffic....... :cheeky:

WebCat

tigga

DNF Regular
Reaction score
LOL - but you think about it - it would not be hard for that to happen - only one person probably looks after domain names - what happens when he moves to his next job and forgets to pass on the info as he only does it once every 2 years or something? Not too hard for it to happen at all unless the company has some great systems in place.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My experience with the people or person trusted with managing a corporation's internet presence, is that they are either non-existant, or pretty ill-informed.

WebCat

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom